New Member Quick Hello

Poecat

Aug 22, 2015
Philadelphia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey All,
Just wanted to introduce myself re fast. Im a 35 year old male from Philadelphia. I collect various items, everything from arrowheads to vinyl records. I just recently got into metal detecting the past year. When I was a child my Father would take me out fishing but while as soon as the lines hit the water he would begin searching the area with his metal detector. I was amazed at every little thing he found no matter what it was! But when it was an old coin, button or an arrowhead he found on the bank I wanted to know everything about it. Once I got into early teens that all stopped but I still always was looking for things anywhere I could. Bulk trash day was a big thing to me and my friends ( thats once a year trashmen woeverything and anything but on the curb)
Anyway ,my Father just retired for health reasons and moved to Slower Lower Delaware. My sister, Mother and I decided to chip in and buy him a new Whites detector, it was a pretty penny! That was last Christmas. Since then Ive also gotten back into searching for unearthed treasures. I still do not have my own detector but plan to get one as soon as finances allow. (I lost my job 2weeks ago and am now "hunting" a job).
Ive been on this site many times before but deceded to make it official today.
Mike
(aka-Poecat - for my cat who just passed )

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Mike from another resident of the great state of PA! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to PA.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

Spending time with your father is priceless. I hope you soon find a new job to pay for this very addicting hobby.

Best Regards,

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting