CH0NCHIT0

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2015
Watkinsville, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pinpointer, AT Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I'm new and willing to learn from the best. A friend of mine, Wayne, that I work with tells me all these stories about hunting and how fun it has been for him. He got me so excited I started to tell my wife about it. Next thing you know I'm buying a Garrett AT Pro, pinpointers and the whole works. I search about my parent's house and find a few nails, coke cap, pulltabs, and three pennys. I know it may not seem much to some, but it's keeping me excited to search for more.
If there are any tricks, pointers, and just help in general you want to shoot my way, I'll gladly accept it.
Anyone out there live in the Athens, ga area and want to hunt? I'm all up for some good learning.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello CHONCHITO,

Welcome to the forum!

There are many important things to learn about the hobby to be successful; one of them is to take your time and learn your machine. You did very well for a first hunt, I'm sure there is more to be found. Take your time and swing low and slow and you will be surprised what may be recovered.

There are many very knowledgeable members willing to help you in your new adventure.

Best Regards,

Doc

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Georgia for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome. Enjoy the hobby. I hope you get lucky and remember, it's a big world with lots of treasure in it...

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard ... :notworthy:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
enjoy, take your time you will find lots of information here. please get permissions and fill your holes. take your trash with you. dont disturb archaeological sites. the at pro is a good detector, listen to what it is telling you. the hunt is the best part. if you have any questions please ask.

OP
OP
C

CH0NCHIT0

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2015
Watkinsville, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many people have considered me to be a pretty patient guy. Learning my machine has sort of come easy to me. Thank you for your words. I like swing low and slow, thats awesome!

OP
OP
C

CH0NCHIT0

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2015
Watkinsville, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with your quote bootybandit. I find myself constantly at work wanting to just leave to go and hunt. But having a job, I know, is important.

OP
OP
C

CH0NCHIT0

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2015
Watkinsville, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the sub-forums: georgia info I'll have to check that out.

OP
OP
C

CH0NCHIT0

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2015
Watkinsville, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey austin, I read something recently that said something gets lots everyday. So, I know there is plenty out there for everyone. That is so awesome!

OP
OP
C

CH0NCHIT0

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2015
Watkinsville, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Engine, smalltowngirl, DirtWarrior, and casca.

Notime1515

Oct 4, 2015
Florida
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Welcome Wayne. I have the same MD. Going thru the learning cure now. Read the manual and watch videos and hit the dirt and have fun.

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread