dsrtdwg1

Sep 3, 2015
Brawley
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Gold Monster 1000, Keene 212v Puffer Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

New member here. My name is Wendell Clark and I live in the low desert of Southern California. Did some recreational prospecting years back with a small backpack dredge (Packrat) and some drywashing. I am fishing for information about the "hands and pans only" area on the Yuba. Looking for easy access as we are taking the Grandkids, Daughters and Sons inlaw. We will be leaving from Lincoln and would like to make it an easy trip considering the whole family is going to give it a try. Any advice will be appreciated.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Wendell! Take a look at Sub-Forums: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome Wendell to the forum!

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the whole group ... :hello2:

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Wendell, and welcome - I'm new here myself.
Funny you should ask about Yuba - I was just researching that last night (along with the Merced & American).
I'm interested in doing some recreational prospecting (first time), and it's a little intimidating to know where to begin...
I figured I'd start out with something simple like prospecting set-aside areas on public lands.

Here's a link if you haven't found it already. It may get you started?
I'm a "future Yuba visitor", not a local, so sorry can't be of any more help just yet.
Hope you have a great outing with the grandkids!! Sounds like fun.

http://www.blm.gov/style/medialib/blm/ca/pdf/folsom/gis_pdf_maps.Par.68832.File.dat/SoYubaRecArea2013web.pdf

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome aboard TNet and Happy Hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread