NC1

Greenie
Sep 5, 2015
Laurinburg, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally decided it was time to get into this hobby since thinking about it for years. There seems to be a bit of history here in the Sandhills of North Carolina, and I hope to find some of it. My piece of land here is about 10 acres and will start here first.

My first purchase was a Whites DFX Spectrum E-Series, which I believe will exceed my expectations given all the reviews I have been reading. Does anybody have one and can give me pointers? It was ordered just today so I have some time to do some research. I have already downloaded the user manual and will be reading it tomorrow.

I look forward to reading this entire site, of course as time permits. :laughing7:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum!

I will recommend a book titled "Digging Deeper with the DFX" it will help you learn this "complex" detector. Take the time to learn each setting and how the interact with each other, only then will you realize the beauty of the DFX.

OP
OP
N

NC1

Greenie
Sep 5, 2015
Laurinburg, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply, I saw it somewhere (eBay maybe) and it is on my list as of this moment, as per your suggestion. I realize the DFX is probably a bit advanced for a beginner, but I will probably grow into it in the near future, so I figured I would buy the most I can afford at the moment.

As for a pointer, I am considering the following: Deteknix X Pointer, Whites TRX, or the Garrett "Carrot" Pro-Pointer AT. More research to do on those and will take my time after using the DFX for a bit.

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome ...tons of knowledge & info. on this site ....sounds like youre in a good place to start ..Good Hunting..

S

stefen

Best point-her (pointer) to the ground...

Experiment some and get used to the signals and eventually you'll be able to read whats under the surface (?) Well maybe...

Enjoy

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard ... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
N

NC1

Greenie
Sep 5, 2015
Laurinburg, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the Welcome!

OP
OP
N

NC1

Greenie
Sep 5, 2015
Laurinburg, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You Bootybandit.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: North Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting