mrogers07

Sep 6, 2015
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, folks!

I just joined this forum, and I am happy to be able to learn from and speak with other metal detecting hobbyists!

I say that I am sorta new because back in around 1992 or so, I wanted to start metal detecting, so I saved my pennies from my job to buy a Garrett Grand Master Hunter CX-III. I loved the unit and it did pretty well. Things being things, when I went to college a couple years later, I just dropped the hobby for the most part.

Fast forward to 2015. For the last couple months, I have been dabbling in the Facebook metal detecting forums. I then found some regular message boards. Reading about people's adventures and finds rekindled the memories of the fun I had.

After enough reading, I decided to jump back into the game. I asked around and researched a lot and found that the Garrett AT Pro was a very highly-recommended machine, certainly able to meet my needs. So, I pulled the trigger...got the unit, a hunting package and the 5x8" coil. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the goodies so I can get back in the swing of things. I am stoked to get back hunting, and hope that some of my experience in the past still is viable now. Time will tell.

That said, I hope to learn a lot from you all. Thanks for letting me be a part of the community!

Last edited:

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to have you back in the game, hope you manage to get out in the field to do some digging and let us know what you find. The best treasures are yet to be dug!

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the show ... :headbang:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Missouri for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread