New to detecting and this site

Beepndig

Aug 19, 2015
CO
Detector(s) used
Ace350, pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started detecting in early July with a craigslist purchase of an ace 350 for $200. First time I put he detector to the ground a tot lot on the way home from purchase, I put it right on top of a silver baseball hat pin or earring . Thought it was malfunctioning cas it was ringing like a slot machine. One swipe of the mulch with my foot revealed my first find in all of about 2 seconds. :laughing7: since then I have picked up a pioneer 202 with 4" coil and a few harbor freight pin pointers. Ace is far superior to the pioneer in all aspects of performance, but pioneer still finds stuff and makes a great second detector for anyone who wants to try it out. I will usually let wife and kids swing the ace and I will work the pioneer wide open with zero discrim and have them check out and pin point any of the signals I pick up in the mid to high tone range. Happy hunting.

My most interesting finds so far have been:
-Colorado tax token from late 30-40
-3 or 4 wheat pennies 40-50's
- 1978 Susan b
-2 silver Roosevelt dimes 50's & 60's
-modern James Polk 1$ coin

OP
OP
B

Beepndig

Aug 19, 2015
CO
Detector(s) used
Ace350, pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a quick pick of most of the treasure I found so far. The modern coin count is just about to hit the $50 mark. image.jpg

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the team ... :wav:

Very nice finds !

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the addiction, this is a very exciting hobby and the surprises will be awesome. Happy Hunting.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! You certainly have been busy, Good Luck in the hobby!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions