New guy in Oklahoma

Sep 17, 2015
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 750
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to all.

I have lurked around the website for a few weeks and decided to join tonight.

Currently I am supposed to be sleeping, but tomorrow I am taking my girlfriend to Texas for her birthday, and while we are driving I am going to stop and classify a 5 gallon bucket of dirt and run it through my sluice box and enjoy the red river for an hour or so.

My girlfriend has never been prospecting, and I have been doing it for years, so I will show her the fun and hopefully she will be hooked.

Gold Fever has no cure and it feels like it's calling me again!!!!!!!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Better not let anyone in Oklahoma know you're coming to do anything in Texas. They might make you move here. BUT, if you ever make it to San Antonio, i'll take you up on the Llano River where you'll find gold and eat the best BBQ in Texas(Cooper's Old Time Pit BBQ).

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome BA Dan. There are a few of us Oakies hanging around in here. Good luck on the RR.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Dan! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Oklahoma for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come ... :thumbsup:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Claremore, Oklahoma just up the road a few miles. I hope you found gold while in Texas.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! Good Luck in prospecting.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the Rocky Mountains from a Native Oklahoman. (I am from that generation that still considers 'Okie' a derogatory name, I don't care what David Hall tried to do with it, I'm not one, you don't call me one!) Takin your girlfriend to Texas for her birthday? Well, I don't know. Be sure and point out to her that if it wasn't for Texas, Oklahoma would slide right off into the Gulf of Mexico. Hahaha, Austin! As they say, 'Keep Austin....uh...There'!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread