denster

Tenderfoot
Oct 8, 2015
northern wi
Detector(s) used
a/t pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guess I put my intro in the wrong thread...That's me. From northern wi. Don't have a detector yet. Been researching (what a headache). Ground will be froze hard here in a month so may wait til spring..Right now thinkin about the a/t pro. Any advice on best way to get started is really welcome. Already have an old school site that was razed lined up. Have a great day
:coffee2:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At Pro is definitely the way to go. It is my dream machine..... Welcome to the party !

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome aboard TNet!!! The AT Pro has a large following and would probably be a good machine that you could grow into. Learn to detect and dig in your own yard. Get a Lesche digging tool and a pin pointer (~$100) as part of your starting gear. I would also suggest a Sampson shovel, but its not necessary. Learn to dig a good clean plug, there are some good posts about it on this board. Then, go pull all of the goodies out of your old school site in the spring. Happy Hunting!!!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I put my intro in the wrong thread...That's me...
metal_detector.gif
Welcome to my little world! :) I am always posting stuff on the wrong sub-board. :) Take a look at Sub-Forums: Wisconsin for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come ... :hello:

OP
OP
D

denster

Tenderfoot
Oct 8, 2015
northern wi
Detector(s) used
a/t pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys. If I ever figure out what to buy I'll [post it

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are on the right track. Same type of area here. Good machine for in the lakes.research is key. That is what winter is for up here. Good luck across the lake.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum!

OP
OP
D

denster

Tenderfoot
Oct 8, 2015
northern wi
Detector(s) used
a/t pro