Hello from the California Mojave desert.

Desert Don

Dec 28, 2015
On the Mojave Desert near Mojave.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, and Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. In the past: Home made detector (circa 1969), World War II mine detector, Fisher M70 M-Scope (1971), Bounty Hunter TR 550, Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found this site. I've already made a short post about some shotgun shells I found yesterday. My first detector was home made in 1968. It was pretty crude, even for the time. Next I bought a World War II mine detector. It actually worked, but was heavy as all getout. In 1970 I bought a Fisher M70 M-Scope. It served me well. I still have it. Next came two models of Bounty Hunters, the Bandit and the Outlaw. Still have them as well, and both still work. About 5 years ago, I bought the Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. Loved that thing. Still have it and still use it on occasion. Two years ago I moved up to the Garrett ACE 350. Not too fond of that one, and don't use it much. Last year I got the Garrett AT Pro and Garrett Pro Pointer. Now we're talking. It took a while to get use to it, but when I did...oh boy! Over the years I've found far too many interesting things to name a favorite. But one of the more unique items was a 1812 copper Mexican Real coin, and small copper bowel. I found both close together in the middle of the San Joaquin Valley in California. At that time, California was still controlled by Mexico. I found them in 1979 while using my Bounty Hunter Bandit. I have also found three live World War II bombs buried in the desert near my home. Both had to be destroyed on site by the military EOD team. They were just dangerous to move.

Currently, I spend a lot of hunting time on the old 20 Mule Team Trail that leads out of Mojave, and goes all the way to the Borax works in Death Valley California. It is amazing what you can find out there.

Desert Don

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Don! Take a look at Sub-Forums: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the party. Sounds like an interesting life you have lived. I would be interested in what you may find. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
D

Desert Don

Dec 28, 2015
On the Mojave Desert near Mojave.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, and Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. In the past: Home made detector (circa 1969), World War II mine detector, Fisher M70 M-Scope (1971), Bounty Hunter TR 550, Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many thanks to all...

Desert Don

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! Looks like you have found many cool items.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread