Hello from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania!

PGHDigger

Jan 3, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello... My name is Chris and I am a newbie from Pittsburgh, PA... I got my Fisher F2 with my tax return last spring... Sadly due to work I was not able to actually get out and use my detector until two weeks ago... In that time though I have become obsessed...

I live in a very old section of the city that until recently was too dangerous to consider metal detecting... In the short time that I have been detecting though I have managed 10 and 14 kt gold including a 14 gram rope necklace...

My silver so,far has been a 1944 Washington... A 1958 Rosie... 2 mercy from the same hole 37 and a 40... Also a six pence...

Plus I'm up to about $50 in clad...

I am tired of lurking and Just wanted to say hello... Looking forward to sharing my finds from now on...

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to treasureNet Chris

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh.
You got the "Just Do It Attitude" .
Your doing pretty good so far with those great finds.
Keep it up & Stay safe.
Davers

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Chris from another resident of the great state of PA! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to PA.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! I hope you a very productive hunting 2016 season.

cpman

Greenie
Jan 27, 2016
pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds. Just got my first detector and from Pittsburgh as well. So many areas to decide on around here. Best of luck to you.

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm from Pittsburgh and I'm also new to the hobby. I started on May 30th and I've found some decent coins. I'm more into selling the coins I find instead of collecting. I'm also searching the less obvious places around town.

Last edited:

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh hell, we're taking over the place. May be in Arizona, but originally from the area. Yu guys might want to check some of the old maps of the area at the local museums. Lots of stuff has changed over the years. The Carnegie Museum was a good resource at one time. Don't know about them anymore. And some of the bigger libraries there have some really old bookd that could give some leads to some of the old wildcat mines back there.

QUIETLY check with the PA Game Commission, otherwise known as the Gestapo back there, on metal detecting on Game Lands. Lots of little towns in the middle of nowhere dried up and died when the mines played out or were wiped out by floods. Lots and lots of old homesteads back there too. It may take you some time to recognize, but very few areas back there have stones in straight lines. If they are, then it might be an old stone fence line or an old foundation. Good places to check.

And PLEASE respect the Amish communities back there. They are good people and will usually give permission to search as long as your not tearing things up. Believe it or not, they get curious too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread