Newbie to detecting and learning the craft

Kane Gap

Jan 4, 2016
VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Retired and a member of the Daniel Boone Wilderness Trail Assoc. located in Southwestern Virginia. Live within 1 mi of Kane Gap which was the pass that led Boone and some 250, 000 pioneers into the Powell's Valley and on to Cumberland Gap into Kentucky, and from there the rest of America!
The DBWTA is a historical /educational organization dedicated to the telling of the frontier story and preserving the Wilderness Trail. We are also re-enactors at the Anderson Blockhouse located in Natural Tunnel State Park where we present educational events for the general community and especially area school children.
I bought the metal detector to look for " historical artifacts" along the Trail so we can better preserve the original trail whenever possible, and to display "found objects" in a welcome center in Duffield VA where we hope to attract tourists and visitors interested in American history, and especially the Trail and Kentucky settlement!
Would love to hear from any regional detectorists and especially from those who have used detectors in similar historical pursuits.

, | ; www.facebook.com/Daniel-Boone-Wilderness-Trail

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York! :occasion14:

Yes, I have recovered items for our local historical society from the Revolutionary War, here in White Plains, where the special forces of George Washington held off General Howe and the British Army, who chased them from Long Island (Brooklyn), into Manhattan, and up into White Plains. Very cool work if you can get it! :skullflag:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Virginia for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, WELCOME to TNet!
I love working on trails and old roads of yesteryear....
They are a linear scattering of HISTORY!
And, sometimes the only way to find these invisible routes, is with a metal detector,
finding the metal traces of life, of the time it was used.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread