Hello from Western NC!

Salty

Dec 23, 2015
Coastal South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't say that I am a newbie, I used to detect back in the 80's and used White's detectors. Now I finally got a new Garrett AT PRO and have a lot to learn. I have been reading Treasure Net site info for a while , but just recently officially joined. I hope to read entries from those in this part of state. I also have a part time place in the Myrtle Beach area of SC. I will try out my new baby down there as well, but love to hunt homesites, parks, and hope to be able to do some relic hunting! I can't seem to find any recent info of clubs/ groups here in this area of NC, anybody got any info out there? This new detector is the bomb, but wow! I do have a lot to learn with it! It's is much more sophisticated than my old white's detectors! I also hunt fossils in SC and look for teeth and other "old bones"! Hope to see you on the hunt!:hello:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: North Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
Salty

Salty

Dec 23, 2015
Coastal South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I looked under NC but it appears that the club has no activity or may no longer exist. I may post a thread under NC to see what I find. Thanks for the info and greeting though!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the site Salty. Plenty gold & gems in WNC. I panned down below Marion year before last, got color out of it. Didn't make me wealthy but made me happy.

Western NC covers a lot of territory, you Northwestern, Midwestern, or Southwestern?

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I occasionally hunt in the Robbinsville NC area when I'm forced to visit my mother in law.

I'm hoarding the scrap iron on their property. You can have everything else.

Welcome to the forum!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TNet.

There is a club in Charlotte, and one in Salisbury. There might be one in Asheville (I'm not certain where in WNC you are), try looking on Facebook too.

The AT Pro is an excellent machine. You ought to do well with it.

Good luck brother!

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I looked under NC but it appears that the club has no activity or may no longer exist. I may post a thread under NC to see what I find. Thanks for the info and greeting though!

Post in the NC thread and I am sure someone in your area will respond! Hope you like it here!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy the AT Pro it's a fun detector.

OP
OP
Salty

Salty

Dec 23, 2015
Coastal South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am learning with the AT Pro.....It seems like a heck of a machine! I am from Burke county. All the clubs from Asheville/ Hendersonville area seem to no longer exist or haven't been active for many months. I knew that at one time there was a detector shop in Black Mountain and tried to find it on the internet, but apparently it must be out of business because it is also not up to date. Sigh........So is there anyone out there close to me? Another thing I have never had a pinpointer before but I want one, especially in this hard, red, rocky, horrible, stony, cursing, iron ridden, need I go on? Clay, North Carolina soil. I also have to find me a good digger bigger than my trowel/knife digger. I need something tough that when I go beyond my plug for 6 inches that I can make a decently clean plug for 8-10 inch targets. Something I can use my foot one for this tough digging soil.
Who has suggestions? Thanks folks!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I am learning with the AT Pro.....It seems like a heck of a machine! I am from Burke county. All the clubs from Asheville/ Hendersonville area seem to no longer exist or haven't been active for many months. I knew that at one time there was a detector shop in Black Mountain and tried to find it on the internet, but apparently it must be out of business because it is also not up to date. Sigh........So is there anyone out there close to me? Another thing I have never had a pinpointer before but I want one, especially in this hard, red, rocky, horrible, stony, cursing, iron ridden, need I go on? Clay, North Carolina soil. I also have to find me a good digger bigger than my trowel/knife digger. I need something tough that when I go beyond my plug for 6 inches that I can make a decently clean plug for 8-10 inch targets. Something I can use my foot one for this tough digging soil.
Who has suggestions? Thanks folks!

I am in Charlotte. There are a few Tnet guys around here. There are a couple in WNC, but I am not close with any of them.

Here is what I currently use, and like.
Hand digger: Lesche 75.
Small shovel: Lesche Ultra Eagle.
Google: Predator tools.

I guess in the old days, nobody had a pin pointer. Today, everyone has one. They make target recovery a lot easier, key word: a lot! Garrett carrot works good for me.

Yeah, your AT Pro is a good machine. A ton of people find good stuff with that machine. AT Pro was my second machine, and it worked like a charm. I found silver coins and IHCs with it.

Best of luck to you. If we make up to Morganton any time soon, I will PM you. We have discussed it, but just not quite got around to hunting it yet.

Best of luck to you!

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2008
Traveling USA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, V3I, Minelab Xterra 705, Excalibur 1000, 4500, Explorer, E-trac,Xterra705, Garrett GTI 2500I, Sea Hunter,Infinium, Gold, Garrett ATPro, Fisher F75, Gold Bug, Two Box, Electroscope, Regulat
I am moving to Hendersonville on Tuesday 02-16-16 are you close enough the there to go hunting sometime?
Tim S

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions