Detectorist.CO

Jan 18, 2016
Denver, Co
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone...

My name is Jerry and I just joined the TreasureNet site yesterday. I've been a detectorist for many years, but have also been inactive for more than 20. I got my first taste of the hobby as a child back in the 1970's when my dad purchased a metal detector and found just about every buried tin can, pull tab and bottle cap in Texas. I had a few different metal detectors back in the late 80's and early 90's but sold or gave away most everything.

Anyway, roll the clock forward about 20 years and I'm in Colorado (lived here since 98) and married. My wife and I have often talked about that it might be fun to do a little detecting. Roll the clock forward another year or so, and we were watching the BBC series Detectorists and once again talked about how much fun it could be to get out in the Colorado outdoors.

As you can see by my username, I'm also an amateur radio (ham radio) operator (licensed in 2007) and also Geocache as well.

Back to this hobby, I'm looking at the AT Pro. While I've detected before, the amount of time which has lapsed along with the advancement in technology I'm sure I just need to concede that I'm more a newby than a seasoned veteran. But that is alright....

Jerry

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
welcome Jerry, at 98 don't overdo it

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Jerry! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Colorado for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Jerry :thumbsup: I've taken my daughter on the road with me though the mountain states and her and I would geocache along the way. That's really fun to do with the family.

OP
OP
Detectorist.CO

Detectorist.CO

Jan 18, 2016
Denver, Co
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all for the very warm wishes...

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from over here in Summit County, CO, Jerry. Interesting to hear from a Texan who came up here and stayed. Generally they're like seagulls; they fly in, crap all over everything, then fly away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread