Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello everyone!

Let me start off by saying I feel so "behind the power curve"! This just awesome that there is a forum for treasure hunters! So about me, Im a beginner, no shame in that. I have always been an avid explorer, when I go hiking, I ALWAYS go off the trail and as long as I can hear the wife yelling at me I know how to find my way back! I am also big in to reading old tales about lost treasure. Im a huge fan of "The Curse of Oak Island" even though the season finale was not a great ending. I am in the U.S. Army at Fort Carson in Colorado Springs. Which from my brief Google search places me in the middle of at least three alleged lost treasure with in 100 miles.

My main purpose on this forum is to learn from likeminded and experienced hunters and find a hunting partner in the area. I tend to push the envelope a little too much when I explore and I think having a partner to keep me on track would be nice. I just purchased a decent all purpose metal detector (should be here Friday!!!).

I am really looking forward to hearing from all of you!

Thanks for reading my introduction.

Joshua

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Joshua! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Colorado for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Joshua and welcome to the fourm and the area! I live in the Colorado Springs/Fountain area and have been here for 6 months...and have already found some awesome older coins. I live closest to Gate 20, and just patiently awaiting the snow to melt. I've been detecting for almost 30 years so if you need any help just let me know...what kind of machine did you get?

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F70 coils are compatible with the F5 - as soon as this snow melts I know a great place to get started. Day or night...

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to meet you Joshua. If you get a chance you would love Citadel Mountain series by Maynard Adams. Happy hunting with the new detector. Cliff

OP
OP
BigChief

BigChief

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hey sir, what are you referring to ? a book? I tried googling him but didn't find anything.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey sir, what are you referring to ? a book? I tried googling him but didn't find anything.

It's a book, part 1 2 and 3. It's about the Spanish sneaking into indain territory in southern Colorado and mining gold. The book is called Citadel Mountain the author is Maynard Adam's. The library should have them. I have met the author and have seen one of the sites. It's a great read with valid history. Look me up this summer if you get up to Victor.

Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Summit County. If you're interested in cache hunting, you might so some research on the Poncha Pass/San Luis Valley area. About pushing the envelope, don't do that if you come up here and don't have experience in the mountains. Mother Nature don't forgive. But get a partner and know your limits and you'll do ok. Good hunting!

OP
OP
BigChief

BigChief

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
RGINN, thanks for the advice. I just recently took on a partner, we both have mountain experience and have began planning a spring expedition in the area based off some old legends and newspaper articles. I have been doing a lot of satellite recon and topo map recons. Need a few more items of gear and a few more weeks of planning and of course to wait for this weather to subside. This is why its called treasure hunting and not treasure finding! lol

CladiatorMax

Nov 1, 2012
Garden Grove, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Sovereign GT / Garrett Carrot / Stavr Scoops
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Welcome to TNet Joshua, Fisher makes some awesome machines. Good luck and happy hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread