Tenderfoot
Jan 24, 2016
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo , X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good day all.

My name is Gary, and I live just outside of Phoenix, AZ.

I'm new to the grind, but have had a lot of fun panning Lynx Creek near Prescott. Though I have found minimal gold I enjoy the time out and away from the city. I have yet to join any clubs but will do so once funds allow. Most likely "Roadrunners Prospecting Club" and maybe eventually the "GPAA" as well.

I do not have a MD as of yet, but have a friend that does. He has a Tesoro Lobo. I'm not sure what to get for myself, as there are so many options available with both "VLF" and "PI" machines each having advantages and disadvantages. Any input would be awesome as to what works best out here. Though I am partial to the Garrett ATX because it's a big reminder of my time in service in the U.S. Army.

Anyway, time to get back to work. I hope to see some of you out in the fields filling your pockets with gold soon. /salute

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Gary! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Arizona for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from an old Arizona gold prospector! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread