New member and new hunt

ReadandSeek

Greenie
Feb 11, 2016
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings All! I got into treasure hunting a few years ago thanks to Forrest Fenn. In the process, I bought a metal detector and started poking around my yard and other areas. My kids and I are having a blast (although my wife isn't too pleased with the landscaping job we've done).

I've also started my own treasure hunt in the style of Forrest Fenn. While it's nowhere near a million dollars, I think it might be a good, fun challenge for anyone who likes trying to decipher poems and such. There's a hidden cache that contains an ancient Greek coin, a Roman ring and more. There's also an Amazon gift card balance that will keep growing until the cache has been found.

You can learn more at Read and Seek

Thanks!

MartinS

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

The techniques used to extract/recover artifacts is a learned skill. In time you will be able to remove an artifact, coin or piece of junk without leaving much of a trace. Practice and have fun with your children while detecting, it builds some great bonds.

HD Paulie

Sep 20, 2015
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Minelab Etrac
Fisher CZ-6
Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard!!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Michigan for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions