Hello from Greenville, NC

Gravitytester

Feb 29, 2016
Navarre, Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine lab Excalibur I, Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am brand new to the treasure hunting community. I was at a auction and a metal detector came up for sale. I didn't know anything about brands so I was buying it blind. Basically I ended up with a Minelab Excalibur I but is was missing the charger, so I had no idea if it worked or not. I ordered and battery and what do you know, it works. LOL So including the battery charger I have a total of $225.00 in it. I know it is a older model but I think I did pretty good. Now I just have to get out and start using it. LOL I occasionally used a metal detector for the military when I was in the Balkins but that is the limit of my experience. I plan to read the boards here and ask questions if I can't find the answers. I hope to get to know as many of you as possible and I am really excited to get started.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: North Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state. Jump over to MineLab Product Manuals & Guides if you need your Owner's Manual.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Gravitytester

Gravitytester

Feb 29, 2016
Navarre, Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine lab Excalibur I, Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, that was a nice buy!

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com
Thanks, I wasn't sure when I bought it. The auction place was in the middle of nowhere and I didn't have a cell signal, so I took a chance. I have never owned a metal detector before so knew nothing about brand names and what to look for. Still waiting to use it for the first time though, Was going this past weekend but my son suprised me by coming home from Korea early. He goes to Ft Cambell on Thursday, so maybe this weekend I will get to try it out and The Garrett Pro I just purchased.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread