Recommendations on finding jewelry with f75 SE Model

montee

Apr 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All, any of you Fisher f75 users have a recommended technique on finding gold jewelry such as: rings chains? The settings I normally use are: Sens 80-90, disc 0 - 15, notch 1, AM mode, and sometimes BP mode, 2 tone. I have no problem finding quarters, dimes, nickels all day long. But, whenever I get either a 19 or 22 VDI number, with a steady solid wooping tone; hoping that it is gold, I always end up digging foil. Jumpy sigmals are usually trash. I usually hit the local parks. and dry sand at the beach. I'm thinking about getting an AT PRO for the wet sand and water later in the near future. It seems like all the jewelry is in the water or wet sand.Any suggestions would be appreciated as far as finding jewelry at the parks with the F75.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard to TNET Montee - I use the F75 SE and most areas I hunt has very little jewelry - I run my machine in JE mode - sens 80 - disc 0 & tone 2F. Jewelry can be at aluminum foil up to pull tabs so I suggest dig all signals - any way wish you meany great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! If you detect at the salt beach, it is recommended that you do a manual ground balance. Using the trigger, sometimes won't go all the way down to salt. Unfortunately, gold can be anywhere from low 20s to 60 depending on size, karat and shape. The Garrett AT Pro will get you out in the water, which generally has less trash and better finds.

Wayne

Metal Detector Sales Rental | Treasure Hunting | Metal Detecting Stuff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread