DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, gang!

I have been detecting on a regular basis for three weeks now, and unfortunately, I believe I have an addiction.

I am currently running a BH Quick Draw 2 with the included BH pinpointer. I scored the detector and pinpointer with the bag at a pawn shop (brand new!) for 40 bucks a couple years ago, but never really got into it. Recently, my wife lost her wedding ring, (ARGGG), and I drug out the metal detector to scan the yard. Still haven't found her ring, but all the fun I had digging up stuff in my own yard has fueled my immediate spiral into metal-detectorist-nerdiness.

I haven't had terrible luck as far as digging clad goes, but I have yet to find silver or any cool jewelry. I believe most of the obvious places around here have been hunted to extinction, although I cannot recall a single time I have ever seen a fellow detectorist in this town.

However, I am determined that this be a largely self-sustaining hobby, so it will probably be a while before any significant upgrades. A better pinpointer is first on my list, although the BH one isn't terrible. It certainly speeds the process by leaps and bounds.

I am almost certain that my next detector will be a Tesoro of some kind. I dig every target that sounds strong and repeatable, so I don't pay any attention to the digital readout on my QD2, and I wish that the beeps it makes could be more definitive. (The readout seems to be wrong most of the time, anyway).

Well, I have rambled. In short, I have devoured the information the members here offer. It has helped me immensely as I am starting out. Thanks for everything, and good luck!

Dan

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome Dan!! Awesome deal on the BH. I'm looking to buy my first as well (we don't have to count that first piece-of-junk toy, do we?).

We plan on seeing some of your finds in the near future! :laughing7:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Dan! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Idaho for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to TNET Diamond Dan & wishing you many great finds while out dirt fishing with your BH Quick Draw II.

Texas ED

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Dan....and "welcome" from another eastern Idahoan. I live 5 miles north of Blackfoot, just west of I-15.
Jim

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread