May 8, 2016
kuala batoeh
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
xterra 705, nox 800 , nox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hello :)
my name oyat i live in indonesia from atjeh province (far away from jakarta ) maybe you know my palace when tsunami come here in 2004 im still remember when chinook hovering drop food :thumbsup:

treasurnet.com very helpfull arround 5month i have read and see many artikel/discussion you are awesome ,
just make decision to register on TN today :laughing7:

forgive me if my english so bad, mostly i know you talking but hard to me for written in english .:BangHead:

last week i bought bounty hunter tracker iv its my first detector ,bought on ebay from america,200usd after tax/shipping here :laughing7: , still learning how to use this machine

not far from my home maybe 7km in long time ago have big kingdom (13-17c) people know with name samudra-pasai
marcopolo and ibnu batutha was here, maybe traveler from silk road era know this palace .

little pic taken in monday when i try machine :)

old site graveyard arround 14C
14taucn.jpg

thanks to all of you if some day you go/visit here hit me willbe nice we do metaldetecting with member treasurenet i will take you on old site :laughing7: .

Attachments

• 14taucn.jpg
    14taucn.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 63

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to Treasure Net. Good luck on the ancient site. Were those grave stones in your photo. What kind of rock did they use?

OP
OP
O

oyat

May 8, 2016
kuala batoeh
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Treasure Net. Good luck on the ancient site. Were those grave stones in your photo. What kind of rock did they use?

thanks you
mostly they use granite
first sultan ( meurah sileu)
View attachment 1310125

below foto (credit to foto owner ) from another site not sofar
grand son and grand daughter she become great sultanah ,
white granite not make here but its from gift from another kingdom maybe from india area (cmiiw )

grand daughter

View attachment 1310128

ornament

dd2016-05-09_102210.jpg

Welcome aboard from East Tennessee.

hello thanks sir :)

raf_sing

Greenie
Jan 2, 2014
Netherlands
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Oyat,

Welcome to the forum. Looks like your area has a lot of potential.

I want to use my Garret in Indonesia too, but I'm not sure about the law when it comes to metal detecting in Indonesia. Most websites, the few there are, are in Bahasa. Do you know what the rules say? Are we allowed to use our MD in public?

Looking forward to your feedback.

Regards,

Raf

OP
OP
O

oyat

May 8, 2016
kuala batoeh
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Oyat,

Welcome to the forum. Looks like your area has a lot of potential.

I want to use my Garret in Indonesia too, but I'm not sure about the law when it comes to metal detecting in Indonesia. Most websites, the few there are, are in Bahasa. Do you know what the rules say? Are we allowed to use our MD in public?

Looking forward to your feedback.

Regards,

Raf

hello raf thanks for visit my post :) and thanks very much hehe wish we got amazing item :)
u can detecting here of course it grey (because not have spesifik rule about our hobby ) but nothing happent i thinks even police see me they interest and ask for try to find gold :v , if u visit private beach or private area u just need talk owner /ask permission just say i wanna try looking coin most of them not problem with it , where palace u wanna visit ??? bali ??
i know some law about metaldetecting for importir reseller here in ind they must have permit from chief police ( mostly metal detecting door ),
i bought in ebay BH no prob just must pay tax haha

if u flight make sure u ask information center first ( i thinks in local flight u can carry it in cabin without battre )
just little advice not detecting arround military base hehe , people will look at you because its not many metal detectoris here,
maybe kids will follow you and some people ask what are you doing and what it is , u just need smile and show coin they are willbe know u relic hunter .

but will looking again about law if i founds somethink willbe post here to you ,

sorry for bad english .

raf_sing

Greenie
Jan 2, 2014
Netherlands
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Oyat,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, I want to go MD in Riau province. I think it's as interesting as Aceh, because of the rich history and culture there.

Yes, MD is a grey zone in many Asian countries until now. I agree that it's important to ask for permission on private land. I guess it's not illegal outright to MD on public land.

But I'm not sure what the custom officers will say when I take my MD across the checkpoint. Mind you, I definitely will not be MD near army or navy bases :)

So have you found anything valuable so far? Are you using a pointer?

Good luck!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Oyat, and welcome to Tnet. :hello:

You don't have to apologize for your writing - seems you've gotten quite a good response from a number of folks today. Is nice to have new members from interesting areas. You being a member here opens up a new part of the world for the rest of us, even if we never get the chance to visit in person. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
O

oyat

May 8, 2016
kuala batoeh
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Oyat!

Welcome from NE Ohio.

Engine

Hello and welcome to the forum...

terimakasih "thanks very much " . :)

Hello Oyat,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, I want to go MD in Riau province. I think it's as interesting as Aceh, because of the rich history and culture there.

Yes, MD is a grey zone in many Asian countries until now. I agree that it's important to ask for permission on private land. I guess it's not illegal outright to MD on public land.

But I'm not sure what the custom officers will say when I take my MD across the checkpoint. Mind you, I definitely will not be MD near army or navy bases :)

So have you found anything valuable so far? Are you using a pointer?

Good luck!

worthed if u in riau much history site and amazing culture if u have time try explore island like pulau penyengat its have old kingdom there or try looking on ww2 site ,

i think not problem if u carry 1 unit , i suggest to you put some video on you phone when kids use MD (download it from yt ) just say its your hobby with smile and you wanna discover indonesia, when they ask you :) , i hope you dont got problem (i sure they are never ask you ) i have been look in youtube MD in bali without problem i thinks his from latin america country .

not so high valuable item , found some old axe some farming tools ,old coin like from Dutch East Indies era , some old iron wish got dirham or kupang (gold coin ) soon :laughing7:

i dont have pointer yet , i have been bought china mode XT-2003 Pro on ebay Pointer but not come here yet .

wish u have good experience when visit indonesia :) GL
Hello Oyat, and welcome to Tnet. :hello:

You don't have to apologize for your writing - seems you've gotten quite a good response from a number of folks today. Is nice to have new members from interesting areas. You being a member here opens up a new part of the world for the rest of us, even if we never get the chance to visit in person. :thumbsup:

teurimeng geunaseh ( thanks you very much sir for u support )
hehe still learning wish will more post we learning another culture see another site and awesome palace , im learning america history too see many coin,old indian item people post here its awesome .

happy nice day sir, big sun here very hot day :laughing7:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, American history IS pretty fascinating! It's the current state of things that has me worried. ...See, I didn't even mention "politics". ...ooops! :evil6:

raf_sing

Greenie
Jan 2, 2014
Netherlands
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oyat, that's a fantastic idea! I will do just that. In fact, while I'm in Riau, I will give my MD to a few kids, who will be sure to observe me, so they use it for few minutes, and then I'll record that on my mobile too. Just in case. :icon_thumleft:

Good stuff, sir :)

Wow, you actually found a VOC coin? You think you can take a picture of the coin to show us? Wah, so interesting, kerana saya Belanda lah :)

By the way, I found 2 British East India coins here, but they were corroded quite a bit :( Hopefully, the next coins will be better condition.

Yes, I've heard of penyengat. And of course Belitung, the treasure island.

Smart move on getting a pointer. It saves so much time. It's a wonderful little tool.

Keep us posted on your finds :)

Cheers.

Raf

OP
OP
O

oyat

May 8, 2016
kuala batoeh
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oyat, that's a fantastic idea! I will do just that. In fact, while I'm in Riau, I will give my MD to a few kids, who will be sure to observe me, so they use it for few minutes, and then I'll record that on my mobile too. Just in case. :icon_thumleft:

Good stuff, sir :)

Wow, you actually found a VOC coin? You think you can take a picture of the coin to show us? Wah, so interesting, kerana saya Belanda lah :)

By the way, I found 2 British East India coins here, but they were corroded quite a bit :( Hopefully, the next coins will be better condition.

Yes, I've heard of penyengat. And of course Belitung, the treasure island.

Smart move on getting a pointer. It saves so much time. It's a wonderful little tool.

Keep us posted on your finds :)

Cheers.

Raf
helo mas belanda
haha they are willbe love use this machine nice maybe learn some how to speak in melayu/bahasa , if they ask what are you looking for just say "mau cari coin indonesia" :) ,
yes some coin very bad condition, i wish you found some kupang coin (lead coin ) or maybe some gold hehe ) , weather very hot now u need head cap .

view item found

View attachment 1312501

Dutch East Indies with Abugida league and Jawi alphabet

View attachment 1312502

coin Dutch East Indies 1860
View attachment 1312503

dont forget if you hunting there soon post some pic here haha

raf_sing

Greenie
Jan 2, 2014
Netherlands
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are fantastic finds, Oyat! That older Dutch Guilder may have some silver in it. You actually found those coins? Wow!

As for the Jawi coin, it could very well originate from the Middle East, because there was plenty of trade between Asia and the Middle East even back then. And of course all the vessels would stop by the ports of call along the way, such as Aceh.

Very exciting stuff!

Sure, I'll post the pix of all my finds. Probably, you'll see lots of pull tabs and chewing gum wrappers, lol.

Leaving for Bintan tomorrow :)

Cheers.

Mas Belandah.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread