Hello, I am a newbie from NY

Ashley829

May 18, 2016
Greene County NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally purchased my first metal detector...a Garrett AT pro last week, I immediately set it up (with the help of a friend) and started in my own yard. Found lots of coins, I went down to the Hudson River and found more coins. I am so addicted already...I find it to be very relaxing, great physical exercise, and so much fun! I am a hospice registered nurse and needed something to get my mind off of work...this is it!

Rustynailsandscrews

Sep 26, 2014
Salem, NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and a BH 505 that I let friends and relatives I don't like use.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ashley, Welcome. I'm in Salem, Washington County, NY but know Greene County well. There is a learning curve on the AT Pro but once you learn it, it will serve you well. I very much respect your job in Hospice. I could never handle a job like that. Get out with the AT Pro and enjoy life because one just never knows when it will end.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from a fellow New Yorker!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome from the Alamo City. I have been in parts of New York, but loved the city best. The thing I loved most was cannoli. I ate my weight in it. Happy hunting...

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome Ashley! I am Tom from the Milwaukee, Wi. area. Have fun and post often.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Ashley! Take a look at Sub-Forums: New York for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from downstate White Plains, NY! :occasion14:

Evilpope

Apr 4, 2016
Griffith,In
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 350, bounty hunter lone star pro, whites trx pinpointer, Garrett ace 400, Garrett pro pointer 2, Garrett AT gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to metal detecting,, it's the best hobby in the world..I wish you the best of luck with it, I hope you find a lot of treasure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread