Craig209

Jun 5, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, anyone.... My name is Craig, I live in Stockton, California. basically if you took a pin, and found the middle of California, top to bottom and left to right, you'd be pretty close. I guess that means we are close to a lot of things. Ocean, mountains, foothills, desert, etc. We actually are surrounded by the delta waterways. So I should have plenty of places to search. Just got my first machine after a lot of consideration. Man, you guys like to confuse the new guys with all these brands and models ;-). So I ended up getting a Garrett AT Pro, with a lot of the little goodies. Got it used from right here, from someone who was getting out of the hobby, kind of ironic. Anyways, wanted to do the right thing and say hi before I start asking a bunch of dumb questions that some of you will no doubt roll your eyes out. So looking forward to getting out there and having some fun.

Hope to have something to write about soon!

Craig

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Craig! Take a look at Sub-Forums: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the party. The one you picked is a good one, learn it well. Look forward to any questions you have and definitely pics of finds. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to TNET Craig209 the ATP is a very good machine and many detectorist have found lots of treasures with theirs and I wish you many great finds while out dirt fishing with yours.

Texas ED

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
C

Craig209

Jun 5, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vpnavy, thank you, that is a great idea. Just finding my way around, and remember taking a peek in that section. Would be nice to find others in my area with same interest.

And thank you to everyone else for the welcome. Don't know it will work, but last year i was kayak fishing in the delta and lost my GoPro overboard in about six feet of water where there was four feet of tall grass. It was in a waterproof case, and sank straight down. I know, I was watching it sink fast (with my hands comically outstretched- haha) so it should still be ok. I know the location that it dropped.

I tried my replacement GoPro against the detector and it lights it up . Im hoping I can get out there and recover it. If I do, I definitely be posting that one. So thank you again for the warm welcome!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread