vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Tennessee for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome aboard TNet! Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to a GREAT hobby! As with anything,what you put in is pretty well matched to what you get out. Will you be hunting new coins...old coins...jewelry....relics...? What machine do you have? I see you're in Tennessee,which is certainly history rich and could hold some really great finds in the ground. Remember...
Study your machine and use it ALOT!
ALWAYS have permission on private property!
Cemeteries are generally considered off limits!
Take care of the property you're on,meaning....take all dug garbage with you and fill all excavations nicely!

You'll be able to find what you need across all the forums,but the vast majority of the "in field learning" is up to you. What works for me may not work for you in your area,ground conditions can be THAT DIFFERENT. General settings for a certain machine usually do pretty well,you just have to know how to optimize your machine to get every last bit of performance out of it.
Spend ALOT of time hunting,there really is no other way to "become one" with your machine.
Good luck and enjoy this great hobby!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread