Hello everyone! I'm new here :) From W.Spfld,MA.

DavidGuy

Greenie
Jun 28, 2016
West Springfield,MA
Detector(s) used
TC9700
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8-):hello: Hello everyone! As stated I am new here :) I have been coming to this site for awhile now and reading all the finds and looking at the great pictures! BUT I thought this site was dead as I was only seeing stuff dated like 2010 and earlier until I looked over the site today a littlebit closer at dates and see that this site is indeed live and active!! I'm glad to be here now! That being said, anyone live in or around West Springfield, Ma. that knows of some places I can go to to find some old coins and such? I've been out but only like my daughters back yard at her(HER new home) that's been there for over 100 years and have found some wheat backs, a 1932 (I think its a 32 I forget at this moment), South Hadley Gold High School ring, and a bunch of other stuff like a necklace made up of early 1900's coins! I'll post some pic's tomorrow of it :)

BUt anyone around here I can get some hints as to where I can go? I'm really excited about getting back to detecting as I have been out of it for a few years due to becoming disabled a bit, but not that I can't get around, just have to be careful moving. :)
Thanks everyone!
Glad I looked at this site more closely now!
Dave

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Greetings from Boston. Welcome to TNet. Look under the MA Sub Forum here under MA. You will find a LOT of folks there in your area ok. Good Luck. PEACE:RONB

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello and welcome from the other end of the state. :)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet..JPG

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Eastern MA! GL & HH

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Greetings from Minnesota! :hello:

Anywhere that people gather is a good place to detect, provided it's not off-limits. Good places for older finds would be places that "used to" be common for people to visit, but are not anymore. Examples might be old beaches or swimming holes from back before air conditioning or urban sprawl, and rest areas that are on old maps but no longer exist.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread