Gem Hunting Crash Course

Cui-Bono93

Jul 4, 2016
Orange county
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi world, I'm new to prospecting and was wondering if anyone can link me to a couple of websites that can help me learn more about it. I'm more interested in gem's after traveling the coast of California and meeting people making and selling jewellery along the beach city's.
I love the outdoors and need a great adventure. If everybody can post links of websites with information about prospecting, forming of gems, how to identifying gems, pricing and trading, also other forum's i can join. Thank you everyone for the help...

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Since you are in the New Member Introductions SubForum - Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state. I am sure a member will respond to one of your three requests for help.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TNet. Now follow the advice in the other post. Pal, there are no shortcuts and online sites won't get it. Read the book he mentioned and go to school. After that, it will take a while to gain experience. If you are young and want to be successful, it takes time and study. Eu citzen is an instructor and I spent 30 years teaching Chemistry and sometimes Advanced Geology(Earth Science) at the 11th and 12th grade level in a high school. Best of luck.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread