An Aussie who needs help

JimG

Tenderfoot
Jul 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone. Thank you for allowing into this forum. I have only recently started metal detecting and have an item I am trying to identify. I think it is some kind of badge but I cannot find the symbol on it anyone online. It is brass, found in a mining area. I'd guess it is from the late 1800s, early 1900s. I hope someone in here can help me at least identify the symbol on it, what country it might be from. I also found a CH Cuyot bucket with the rollers still attached near the brass badge/button. Is it worth anything? Cheers Jim

Attachments

• IMG_20160709_185317.jpg
    IMG_20160709_185317.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20160709_182541.jpg
    IMG_20160709_182541.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 64

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Jim, and welcome to Tnet!

That's a pretty cool find, but I think you'd have better luck with answers if you posted in the What Is It? section.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Since you posted this in the New Member Introductions SubForm Jim - let me be the frist to say Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Australia for information directly related to your country.

OP
OP
J

JimG

Tenderfoot
Jul 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Jim, and welcome to Tnet!

That's a pretty cool find, but I think you'd have better luck with answers if you posted in the What Is It? section.

OK fair comment thanks. I am new to the treasure net so have no idea where to go. Cheers. And thank you for the welcome. My partner and I have just started metal detecting as a hobby and in Far North Queensland we have a lot of old mining areas to investigate. I'd love to find some gold of course but we only have a cheep detector at this stage so fairly limited to artifacts. Thanks for the welcome. I have found some interesting things already including a stainless steel knife that dates back to the first stainless steel cutlery in the early 1900s. Awesome fun.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread