Hello from Maryland 2 newbies

Foxtrot197

Jul 21, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AM2s with groundhog duel coils both cranked up , Garrett ace 250 , Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello my name is Robert and my wife of 25 years is Tia . Treasure hunting has been a thing to us on and off many years ago and I had a serious injury happen where as I was bedridden many years. I was forced to retire and when your in the bed for many years you get to think. Over and over my wife and I talked about finding treasures and detecting if I ever could walk again. I did many years of research while bedridden and we went over and over things and compiled a dream plan of our searches while I compiled some equipt from my friends and online . I now walk again and forced into retirement we are full filling one of our dreams of metal detecting and treasure hunting from substantial research . We have 3 grown children we also want to enter this hobby .We live in the country part of Maryland in historical Havre De Grace area. I have a extensive historical investigative training and ability but we are total novices in detecting . We love this hobby and take it very seriously . Ive watched the site and other sites for a few years and now we are ready to post. Ive seen very good people on here that are very helpful and respectful to others and we chose this site over the others due to the responsability and respect of the members and how helpfull they are to one another plus the vast resources available here. We wish everyone the best of luck

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Robert and Tia! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Maryland for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state. FWIW - We lived in Southern Maryland for many many years (up the road from the Patuxent River Naval Air Station).

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Foxtrot, and family.
Welcome to Tnet. I lived in the Gaithersburg area for 9 yrs before coming here to Ms., 21 yrs ago.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
F

Foxtrot197

Jul 21, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AM2s with groundhog duel coils both cranked up , Garrett ace 250 , Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, Great site that Ive watched for a while now and now we are finally on the go with it. Ive searched the net and I will say this is the most cleanest and down to earth site we found and the people here are great !!!!!!!!

OP
OP
F

Foxtrot197

Jul 21, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you and thanks to all we really do feel welcome here and the community has been great and very helpful

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Foxtrot. I live in the same area. Bel Air. Im part of a local metal detecting club and coin club. A good bunch of people with some good resources. If you want any help or share resources feel free to contact me. I usually go out digging twice a week, sometimes more depending on conditions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions