Hello from Eastern Montana

Bill3d3aux

Sep 21, 2016
Eastern Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! I am brand spanking new to metal detecting - a friend turned me on to it and this site. I will be purchasing my first metal detector and pinpointer this week. There are lots of local stories of lost treasures and my friend has found some pretty awesome things on his forays! I can't wait to find some things and post them on here!

If anybody has some tips on where they have found old maps or even some more ideas of where to find tips, I am always ready to listen! So far I have done a lot of talking to the "old timers" in my area and trying to chase the leads I get from them to set up a great first run. I love the research end of it - funny since I failed history in high school. I guess it was never real enough for me until now! Now I can't keep my hands out of the history books!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Bill! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Montana for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the Hobby.
Many of us were "Late to learn history Here" To much partying & chasing Girls In HS. For Me At-least.
GL

ironman123

Sep 1, 2016
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400 w/DD Coil.
Nokta Makro Legend Pro Pak w/11" and 6" Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: Welcome to a fun and rewarding hobby, and to TNET. Wish you lots of luck. Make sure you check out some of those old abandoned homesteads out there that are quite a distance from the nearest towns. I will try and give you a few leads in the near future. Good luck before the freeze sets in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread