Hello from Austin, Texas

Minelab_505er

Greenie
Oct 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi folks - I'm not new here (I have one other account, but decided to start a new one since I'm a Minelab user now:)

I live in Austin, Texas, and was actually wondering if anyone else on here is in Austin too...? I need a hunting partner. We have a club, but I can't join up right now...

Anyway, a little about me: I started hunting waaaay back in 1987 with my then-girlfriend's dad, and immediately got hooked. I started with a Fisher 1265-X (later got the 1266, but fell on hard times and had to hock it), but as my name suggests I'm now the very overwhelmed owner of a Minelab 505 - I like it, but man is it hard to figure out compared to the Fisher...

Some of my more memorable finds include a 1922 Peace dollar; several Barber halves (two that were found back to back in a matter of like 5 minutes, and the last one was an 1894-O in very fine condition); a pile of silver jewelry and a handful of gold rings (one or two with rocks, and one very large platinum band); also, a very large, worn silver ring with crossed cannons on the side (and I lost it like a dumb***... - anyone have any idea what it might have been?)

My first year of detecting I found over 3,000 wheat pennies, and a big jar full of silver (I had a journal where I kept track of everything I found, but yeah, can't find that either - go figure)... the deepest coin I've ever found was a silver nickel at 10" (I measured it because I couldn't believe it). And I found an almost uncirculated 1912 Barber dime exposed on the surface at a demo site once. There's a ton more good stuff, but, alas, I did not do a good job of taking photos, so you'll just have to try and believe me... :laughing7:

I have yet to find: any Seated stuff (or older), Shield nickel (found several V's), or a gold coin (but I have a site that I'm fairly certain has both of those, so stay tuned!)

The years I hunted hard (and almost every day when I wasn't in art school classes) were the best years of my life, and I hope to get back to even a fraction of that skill again.

Thanks for reading this novel - I hope to start posting pics of good stuff soon...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello from White Plains, New York! :occasion14:

ironman123

Sep 1, 2016
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400 w/DD Coil.
Nokta Makro Legend Pro Pak w/11" and 6" Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and welcome from Waco.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Again? :laughing7: Just in case you haven't already - take a look at Sub-Forums: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard to TNET.

Texas ED
S/E Texas Gulf Coast

OP
OP
M

Minelab_505er

Greenie
Oct 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lock and Ed - whereabouts in SE Tx are y'all from? I was born and raised in Port Arthur...

Tradertom

Jul 20, 2016
South Central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP DEUS, AT PRO plus several older detector going back 45 years.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from South Georgia.

Kayaker13

Oct 25, 2017
round rock texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just got my metal detector, not expensive but will serve. I live in Round Rock. I am not sure how to get a hold of you on this site.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! :occasion14:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Northern Virginia :skullflag:

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello: Hello and welcome to T-Net, from Southeast Louisiana... "D"

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting