vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Here are a few members from your country...

Last edited:

ironman123

Sep 1, 2016
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400 w/DD Coil.
Nokta Makro Legend Pro Pak w/11" and 6" Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the group.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had heard that the only detecting allowed in Portugal is beach detecting and that only in evenings and at night. Is that correct?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when I was there it was by permit only on beaches - I almost got arrested detecting in the water
so tourist should not bother - permits for locals only
I was going to write tourist board - my GF is Portuguese and would travel there more often if allowed
she just got back from 2 weeks there without me - i'll never go again if I cant hunt
shore patrol grabbed me - confiscated my machine and were going to arrest me and fine me $500
I was not in a historical or prohibited area - just a public beach in the water - they told me it was illegal to detect
I'm now in their data base - they took my passport and scanned it ---my GF has friend whose neighbor was land cop - and said he never heard it was illegal -
our car got broken into on trip - after my incident - while we filed report - we asked officer whats the deal and he said he saw no problem with doing
it - a fellow officer walking by heard us and said the opposite - so even their police don't all know about the laws surrounding it

I had heard that the only detecting allowed in Portugal is beach detecting and that only in evenings and at night. Is that correct?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread