Hello From South of The Border

Samauri-Ray

Oct 19, 2016
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello All,

I am a newbie here at Treasure.com and interested in gold panning.

Where I live there is a decent amount of placer gold in the rivers. In fact there are ancient Indian collection pools up the river from me.

I have conducted some quick panning and seeing color and black sand.

My property has about 1 mile of river and several spots where gold could be deposited.

In one spot I have a turn in the river where the river has deposited a lot of sand/soil/rock. Basically a beach. I can post pictures of this later.

My question is what is the most expedient way to classify this and get rid of the rocks, pebbles and such.

ALSO... where I live I do not have access to much prospecting equipment, so I have to buy it on amazon and ship it in.

I am having a "blue bowl" shipped in and 5 pan sifting set that will work on a 5 gallon bucket with the smallest mesh being . 35mm.

I am open to any ideas that can help me get my concentrates down to a workable size that I can build myself and not break the bank.

Thanks for the help and I look forward to learning more from ya'll

Cheers

Ray

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Ray! You might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

ironman123

Sep 1, 2016
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400 w/DD Coil.
Nokta Makro Legend Pro Pak w/11" and 6" Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum. Check out the Gold section of this forum. There may be something of use in there.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome. I just use a decent size sluice. There is so much black sand in my creek, I have to clean out the sluice pretty often, then bucket up the rest and bring it inside to pan in front of the TV.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
'Sifting set' you've ordered should do the job of getting rid of the rocks and pebbles. I generally use a 4 mesh (about 50mm) screen before panning.

To run a blue bowl effectively, you'll need to do more fine classifying like 30, 50 and 100 mesh maybe even.

Do come join us in the Gold Prospecting forums to learn more!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread