Bamadad53 returns

Bamadad53

Oct 24, 2016
Central Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just signed up to this site this morning and look to hit the ground running, well looking to run as much as a fat old retired guy can. Back in the 1970's and early 1980's me and a Garrett Deep Seeker where big buddies. We spent many a day together digging coins and artifacts. Then along came kids, a mortgage, a career and we had to part ways. Well the kids are all grown, the homestead is all paid for and I am officially retired. Before this week is out I should be in possession of a Garrett AT pro and will spend a few days trying to learn to operate it, then Katie bar the door!

Back in the day you did not have to worry to much about where and what you hunted for. Permission from the owner was just about all you needed. At that time I lived in southwest Alabama and me and my detector buddies hunted Fort Morgan, Spanish Fort and the Blakely battlefield with no problems. Another friend had a family farm in Tupelo Ms. and we would go there to hunt for Indians. Can't do any of that stuff now.

OK back to the present. The reason I signed up was I am looking for fellow hunters in the Shelby County Alabama and surrounding counties area. I saw some older post on this sight of people in this area and I would love to hook up with them. Also I am a old dog who is not too old to learn new tricks as the game is a lot different than when I last played. Remember one old coin in hand is better than 10 coins in the bank.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Alabama for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread