New member new hobby from Tennessee

tagolf2000

Nov 14, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy.
Names Tim-Just a new member from Eastern Tennessee.

I am not gonna try to get too carried away but I'm fixen to narrow down my options on a good detector for discovering a few thing around a home that has been in my family for years. Built around the mid to late 1800's. Possibly served as a boarding house and plantation home as well. Should be interesting.

Looking at the land ranger pro and the at pro... Will more than likely only hunt this area and maybe a few other houses close by. But want to be able to find as much as I can. Love old stuff and history.

If u have any input on which one to go with or best spots to start hunting it would be appreciated. Thanks:icon_thumright:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Tim! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Tennessee for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet, The LRP is a great buy, you get plenty of the features of higher dollar detectors. I have read that some have had an issue with pin point feature. Another option could be the Tecknetics Classic T2. The AT Pro has a big following and will also suit your needs and is waterproof to 10".

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasurenet! Feel free to give me a call if I can answer any detector questions for you.

Wayne

(832) 928-9135

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from Massachusetts!

The AT Pro may be a nice all around detector for your needs. Do your research, many companies have excellent machines. Do not forget, digging tools, pin pointer and finds bag.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread