Hello from the Finger Lakes in Upstate New York.

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi gnerble, Welcome and Best of luck with your operation & recovery. I'm also in the FingerLakes and that's a great area where you are, I've had permissions in the past and done some hunting in Hector and Lodi. I use a Tesoro Toltec ll I bought from a friend and love the machine, and at this point I don't ever plan on buying anything other than Tesoro in the future. Good luck with your equipment purchases and hunting.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last year (well, end of 2015) did some research for some articles I helped out on for the local historical society, whom I write for from time to time. We figured there was a camp somewhere between Hector and Ovid, whether it was Lodi or not is debatable. Still, they went through here for sure, and they had a lot of men in front and behind the main group so I assume they could have camped anywhere. I remember reading about the abandoned indian campfires and such they kept finding as they moved along.
gnerble
I know where all the big camps were just need the OK on the land you might know the owners.
I have access the over 60 different officers day by day reports of the whole Sullivan Expedition,my avatar USA Buttons came from that research .
The first scouts of Sullivan report in the village near Lodi they found a brightly painted elevated rectangle box 6 to 7 feet long, with a small hole at each end....in side was a dead Indian...he must have been important.
Luke Sweat A prisoner of the Seneca`s told of being held captive in a cave near that village also.
You ever heard of any cave up there ?
Gary

Last edited:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
hi gnerble, Welcome and Best of luck with your operation & recovery. I'm also in the FingerLakes and that's a great area where you are, I've had permissions in the past and done some hunting in Hector and Lodi. I use a Tesoro Toltec ll I bought from a friend and love the machine, and at this point I don't ever plan on buying anything other than Tesoro in the future. Good luck with your equipment purchases and hunting.

Greg
I thought you were very ill and could not hunt anymore,if you are feeling up to it maybe we could meet up with gnerble and choppa and work out a hunt .
I go out most every day and have found older maps of our area and lots of great old spots you won`t believe.
Let me know if you are well enough now to hunt .
Gary

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Click to enlarge .
Sullivan`s Army in Catherine Town/Montour Falls and coming north tword Lodi just a sample .
Gary
cu31924095654384_0036.jpg

Last edited:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia!:icon_thumright:

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet from Nick in Connecticut! :hello:

mooncusser

Sep 1, 2016
salisbury maryland
Detector(s) used
garret a/t pro whites v3i whites treasure pro
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
welcome gnerble. this is a great way to recover , find some research material before your surgery.....library books..atlas from your area and start a book of leads it will keep you preoccupied ! iam 44 and i have cancer . i just had a seventeen hour surgery november 1st and spent nine days in johns hopkins . i had a 5cm tumor that ate my eye socket and a hole through my skull , they gave me 4 weeks to live and here iam just spent a few hours detecting the beach yesterday. lots of prayer and positivity and go easy on the pain meds !!!!!!whole other battle if not. sorry for rambling but wanted to tell you its ok , you will be on your feet before you know it !!!! if you need to talk at anytime before or after dont hesitate to message me. prayers bro

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gary, I did a 4 hour hunt on Sunday for the first time in along time and still suffering from it, but getting better slow but sure. I look forward to getting together with you again and banging out some finds. When I see you next I will fill you in on whats going on. Greg

OP
OP
gnerble

gnerble

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2017
Finger Lakes, NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gnerble
I know where all the big camps were just need the OK on the land you might know the owners.
I have access the over 60 different officers day by day reports of the whole Sullivan Expedition,my avatar USA Buttons came from that research .
The first scouts of Sullivan report in the village near Lodi they found a brightly painted elevated rectangle box 6 to 7 feet long, with a small hole at each end....in side was a dead Indian...he must have been important.
Luke Sweat A prisoner of the Seneca`s told of being held captive in a cave near that village also.
You ever heard of any cave up there ?
Gary

I would LOVE to read your primary sources on this, as I planned on doing a few follow up articles on the Sullivan push through the area. I will ask around about the cave. I don't think it's near the waterfall, but maybe above toward town.

As for me, this is day 11 since I had my kidney removed. I'm still pretty sore. Pathology came back positive as cancer, but it was so deeply contained in the kidney that I only have a 10-15% chance of recurrence. No need for chemo/radiation or any of that, just CT scans and whatnot to keep an eye on things. It'll be awhile before I can do much, as doc doesn't even want me lifting more than 10lbs for the next couple months. I'm healing well, though!

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Krash102

Jun 10, 2016
waterloo ny
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see so many people from my part or the woods. I grew up there and still hunt over in Interlaken. I'm in the big town of Waterloo now. I am in the market for a detector too. I have used a Bounty Hunter Commander and a couple cheaper bounty hunters. I am looking at the Fisher F series but I am keeping an open mind. Probably get a mid range detector and a good pin pointer. The Tesoro has come up a few times in my research. I can't get out to much due to new 9 to 5 job. That is the one thing I miss about my old sales job, made my own schedule. Send me a PM if you want to chat. Most of my research has been in the Waterloo area but I am very curious about the Lodi, Interlaken history.

Mar 27, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for fellow metal detectors to hunt with. I live in Hammondsport Ny. If your interested please let me know. I believe we met at a swap meet 5 or 6 years ago and you invited me down to your area but somehow lost your number and life happened.

BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Surf Dual Field, Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello from Florida's East coast!

AAures90

Jul 12, 2022
I would LOVE to read your primary sources on this, as I planned on doing a few follow up articles on the Sullivan push through the area. I will ask around about the cave. I don't think it's near the waterfall, but maybe above toward town.

As for me, this is day 11 since I had my kidney removed. I'm still pretty sore. Pathology came back positive as cancer, but it was so deeply contained in the kidney that I only have a 10-15% chance of recurrence. No need for chemo/radiation or any of that, just CT scans and whatnot to keep an eye on things. It'll be awhile before I can do much, as doc doesn't even want me lifting more than 10lbs for the next couple months. I'm healing well, though!

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
Are you guys still hunting out here. I live in Romulus and just got a metal Detector. Looking to start the passion of unburying history please get back to me I see that all of this forum was from 2017

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you guys still hunting out here. I live in Romulus and just got a metal Detector. Looking to start the passion of unburying history please get back to me I see that all of this forum was from 2017
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard AAures90! You might have more success if you post your request on Forum: New York - you will also find information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions