Greenie
Jan 17, 2017
Hondo, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE 300, AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy,

My name is Bill and I live in Hondo, Texas. (San Antonio is one of our larger suburbs off to the east) I have been detecting for 15 years or so, starting with Tesoro detectors and then I bought a GTP 1350 Garrett and have used them ever since. I now use a AT Pro and bought an ACE 300 for the grandkids. Being fairly new to the Great State of Texas, I am now researching some good sites for relics. My Son in Law inherited the 1350 and is brand new and is excited. We will see some of you at the Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt in Jefferson.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Bill! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Greetings from a misplaced Texan! :hello:

(actually, just got tired of the heat :laughing7:)

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Howdy,

My name is Bill and I live in Hondo, Texas. (San Antonio is one of our larger suburbs off to the east) I have been detecting for 15 years or so, starting with Tesoro detectors and then I bought a GTP 1350 Garrett and have used them ever since. I now use a AT Pro and bought an ACE 300 for the grandkids. Being fairly new to the Great State of Texas, I am now researching some good sites for relics. My Son in Law inherited the 1350 and is brand new and is excited. We will see some of you at the Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt in Jefferson.

You ever go hunt Medina Lake? Many many years ago I would go hunt at Thousand Trails, Pop Place and the banks of the Medina river on some of our property in Pipe Creek.

Great place to hunt the way the water used to flood so bad and bring new stuff around. The late 70s flood was the best one.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. If you ever get out to the Pipe Creek area and want to hunt that private suburb on the river bank let me know. I still own 5 houses there I rent out and can email you permission. They look after that area pretty good, but if you have land owner permission with a number then the police who may show up, I know them really well and they would just text me to make sure all is cool.

Place has not been hunted in two good floods.

Take care and welcome to the forum.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome Bill. I lived just down the road from you in Sabinal for about a year. Wish I could help out with some site recommendations but I didn't get out much then. Funds were tight and I stayed home and played Mr. Mom! LOL

Funny story (well, to my family at least!). My son was little then and loved collecting rocks. He brought one home one day that looked really strange. When he showed my wife she told him to throw it away, telling us it was dried dog doodoo. My son and I told her it wasn't but she didn't believe us. She stopped by one of the rock and gem places in Hondo to prove us wrong. Turns out it was a volcanic bomb from an ancient volcano. Woulda never guessed the area SW of Sabinal had been volcanic many millenia ago. BTW, the wife never questioned us again! LOL

OP
OP
F

FiremanBill

Greenie
Jan 17, 2017
Hondo, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE 300, AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what a great bunch of people on this site. It's like Facebook for adults.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting