04gto

Tenderfoot
Jan 23, 2017
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2, Teknetics T2 LTD.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, I am new to the forums and to metal detecting. I am a CEC (Corporate Executive Chef) for a small chain of restaurants in Southern California. I love to go on off-road adventures in my 1998 Land Cruiser. I am often accompanied by my long time girlfriend and our two young boys.
I have been studying up on metal detectors and the art of detecting for a couple months. I am mostly interested in gold prospecting and meteorites. I also enjoy learning about American and world history through amateur and professional archaeology, so who knows where that will take me. I am no mechanical engineer, but I think like one. I believe in science and I love to fix anything I can on my own. I believe the only way to properly use or repair any tool is to get to know that tool inside and out. So I do very in depth study and research on any of my purchase decision(s). I am also very practical and value conscious. I also try to purchase American made products whenever I can find what I need and it meets a standard that competes with the best in the world. As you all already probably know, like the automobile, there is no one "it" detector that can perform every task to a "best result possible" standard. I decided I did not yet need a pulse induction machine (almost picked up a Garrett ATX yesterday), I decided to start with one very specialized machine, the Gold Bug 2. For my second choice I wanted more of a general purpose machine. I almost pulled the trigger on a Whites V3i. However I decided to go with a machine that I felt would be better in some circumstances and not really fall behind in any one area, while costing way less. The Teknetics T2 LTD (or SE). the newest "black" version. Very nice to be on here with everyone, I am very eager to learn more from everyone here. I have already learned a lot from a lot of posters on here and other forums. I look forward to the day when i can pass the knowledge I pick up here onto others. Have a nice day, and happy hunting.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Louisiana! I just bought the F75 LTD. Very very good detector. I hope you fine so great things.

P.S. Marry that woman :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard 04gto! Take a look at Sub-Forums: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
04gto

04gto

Tenderfoot
Jan 23, 2017
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you to everyone for welcoming me. Only finds I have to report so far is many, many rusty items: bottle caps and nails etc....sorry I forgot to take pictures :happysmiley: If there are no pics than it did not happen right?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! GL & HH

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep swinging buddy it all comes in time. I can't wait until you hit your first good find and I'm expecting pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
04gto

04gto

Tenderfoot
Jan 23, 2017
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two days ago I went to a spot where a few people have found meteorites. I was there for two hours found a ish ton of nails and bottle caps and a very tiny .1 gram iron meteorite. Today, me and my nine year old son went to Santa Monica beach bright and early. Actually found more coins than trash. 28 cents in total! LOL. My son was using a Bounty Hunter Legacy 1000 (free with my purchase from metaldetector.com). I was on the T2 LTD. He found a dime about 6 inches. I dug a 1982 penny from more than 13 inches (measured with my pinpointer length). As I was digging, I was beginning to doubt I was going to find anything small so deep. Amazing machine really. Great morning at the beach, great time spent with my little buddy and great exercise too.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting