trooper531

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2017
Onondaga, Mi
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone!! I'm in the Onondaga area and will be getting my second detector here shortly, first one when I was a kid. lol. Looking at the Garrett Ace 350. We go camping as often as possible with our side by side (Polaris Ranger 570). And thinking of pulling off the trail and searching. I have been thinking of getting a metal detector for a few years now, and finally going to do it!!! I have been watching a lot of YouTube videos and learning. Any do's and don'ts besides local, county, and state laws that I need to know? Loving this forum too!!!! Thank you to everyone!!! 😎

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Michigan for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! GL & HH

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet from Nick in Connecticut! :hello:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome fellow Michigander! I'd say you have the passion so get out there and enjoy your time detecting. You will be surprised what you find and keep in mind to not be discouraged by the amount of trash you pick up. That's just a sign that people have been where you are looking and the karma you will get by removing the trash will pay-off!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a tip to find which state parks in Michigan allow metal detecting; Google Michigan DNR and do a search of metal detecting. The list will show maps of which state parks allow detecting and the map will highlight which areas within the park can be detected.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Howdy!

Check out:

The Hunt Starts Here.jpg

You'll find some excellent information there.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Virginia!

stevethebeachhunter

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2017
Montague,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x for the wet,Garrett 1350 GTA FER THE DRY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey,trooper,good to meet you.I am new here too,I use a Garrett 1350GTA for land,and a Fisher 1280x for water.I live in Montague,25 miles north of Muskegon,on Lake Michigan!!

stevethebeachhunter

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2017
Montague,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x for the wet,Garrett 1350 GTA FER THE DRY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use that DNR metal detecting page for planning our vacations...We are going camping the end of summer,going camping with our pop up camper,starting Labor Day Monday,for a week or ten days,going to hit those campground beaches that allow metal detecting.All them crowds will be gone,starting Labor Day,hopefully leaving behind many lost items.......

OP
OP
T

trooper531

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2017
Onondaga, Mi
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know where you are.....camped at white river campground, and delivered to the elevator in New Era. Ordering my first detector this weekend. Garrett Ace 400.

OP
OP
T

trooper531

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2017
Onondaga, Mi
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stevethebeachhunter, I know where that is, camped at White river campground. My new Garrett Ace 400 arrived yesterday. Dying to learn it and try it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread