Hi from Darnstown Maryland... w/my V3i

Blowtorch

Tenderfoot
Dec 2, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello treasure hunting folk. I am a long time lurker first time poster. Got V3i and gettin' out there. Unfortunately I live in a crappy place for hunting valuable treasure. Some civil war stuff but really I want silver and gold... Park service has control of all of the Great Falls gold mine area and not much in the way of potentially valuable "free range" territory around here. I have some permission to be on some private prop including one up new Union Bridge on which the early 1900's or earlier home has fallen down and disintegrated.. will give it a shot.

As is usually the case I have a few newbie questions, some re the machine and some on varying aspects of hunting. Where should I post them? All in one post here or elsewhere? I don't want to post in wrong place and appear to be a disrespectful knowledge mooch. Thanks in advance.

Happy to part of this Treasure Related Intelligence Program (TRIP)

Jared

OP
OP
B

Blowtorch

Tenderfoot
Dec 2, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much.... you asked for it: lol

So, on a V3I, what is the deepest reading anyone has gotten for anything? I mean in the readable depth section of the screen...what is the deepest the machine has ever indicated anything to be?

On V3I; what have good coin spills or caches read as for anyone who has found them with this machine? What signals did you get that caused you to dig and find a load of coins, silver or gold? Was it just a simple as a high VDI, high tone, quarter at 6"...and good polar plot? Nothing noteworthy beyond normal single coin reading,... or....? I guess this is another way of my asking "hey, what's my V3I going to say when I pass it over a mason jar full of coins?"

Why can't I just reject ALL neg VDI? If I only want silver and gold and I will forgo the occasional gold or silver coin sitting underneath a blacksmith's anvil, why not? I am not interested in digging up the entire state's production of iron for the last century... is there any scenario in which a gold coin or silver coin by itself or in a group of same is going to indicate as a neg VDI,...or better asked how often if ever would that happen?

Sorry for dumping my ignorance here,...but grateful for the place to dump it.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

victhedog

Jun 24, 2008
Stroudsburg Monroe co. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Specra V3I, Whites Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hit a large group of coins at over a foot read out as coins and junk due to other metals in the hole

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Jared! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Maryland for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from Massachusetts! GL & HH

Cole55

Dec 29, 2015
Chester county, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites spectrum XLT/ XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
V3i is a great machine. I grew up using only whites. For 16 years I used only whites. My dad has a v3i and it goes deep. He can pick up a silver dime at 7" no problem. But it takes time its def a machine you should really learn the ins and outs of because it will do great things. He loves it I'll try it sometimes but I don't have it perfected like he does

Cole55

Dec 29, 2015
Chester county, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites spectrum XLT/ XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not sure what the deepest he found anything at but I'll go over his little testing area in the yard with my old whites and I couldn't get any readings and he would have no problems...but I just got this xp deus and we will see how it does once thjis weather breaks

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet from Nick in CT! :hello:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Virginia! BlowTorch,. You can also take you v3i questions down to "Metal Detecting Forum", and then under "Brands" find Whites and enter questions there and see if the right people are there to answer you. Good luck hunting and let us know what you find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread