Hello from C.Bowser in Oregon. First time I have joined any online group!

C.Bowser

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure am glad I found you folks before LXXII found me! My eclectic pursuits are not conducive to collections but I am particularly enamored by all things that exceed me in age. Mama took out the pockets of my pinafore when I was eight because she was tired of them ripping out from weight of old bullets, nails, buttons...and anything else rusty and/or unique. That innate curiosity has not lessened with time. The joy of discovery keeps me young, and my living space is cluttered with tools and buttons to identify, coins to investigate, a saddle to research, books to date and catalog, etc., etc., My tombstone, already ordered, says, "Never Bored."

For my 70th birthday I got myself a White's Treasure Hunter Pro and am anxious to try it out here on my little acreage; "The Middle Age Spread."

My first call for help to all you well versed people, is to get some help on a metal button that I purchased with a bunch a number of years ago. Not in "the book." I have pictures but have no idea how to go about showing it to the followers on TreasureNet. You will want to see it; I think it is a real military(?) puzzler!

Are those dancing emoji guys to my right for me to use? I don't know what tags or threads are. Is this a post, a thread, or just a wordy something? "Parse" words in list? I definitely am not with it on internet jargon. I NEED HELP!
Thanks!

Last edited:

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from NYC.
Stay with it, each day, You will learn a little more.
Congrats on your first POST.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet from Nick in CT! :hello:
Can't wait to see your button once you figure out how to post photos. After some trial and error you should get the hang of it! :thumbsup:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Oregon for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you are approaching the world of TNet. First I welcome you to your first online home. Second, What took you so long....We all enjoy the same things you do so Welcome home Our long lost Brother..... See if someone local can help you figure the picture thing out. I imagine your "hoarde" will also like to be seen by your fellow TNetters. Good Luck and Happy hunting

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Virginia!

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C.Bowser-- You are MOST welcome here, you will find that this is what I believe to be the best detecting site anywhere. It's something I seem to go to every morning just to "catch up" with what's new. Enjoy. By the way, saw your button, don't know what it is, but it's a Dandy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread