stephie

Jan 20, 2017
kyle tx
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello::happysmiley:
ok so, I'm just now (at age 40) actively attempting to find treasures on purpose lol
ive relied fairly heavily on dumb luck but with minimal success. natural occurring treasures (geodes, fossils, amethyst ect.) are abundant in my world, but I'm ready to find some metal, some history, some excitement!!!
ive been trying to research my surrounding areas history, trying to get a bead on where to begin, but I'm also not keen on the law here...
any tips, advice, general knowledge anyone would care to toss my way would be greatly appreciated!!
thanxxx

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
as a girl you can probably get away with ignoring the law

happy you joined us ( except we are flush with texans)

stephen583

Jan 30, 2017
610 South 900 West Riverside Apts. #108
Detector(s) used
dowser (rods) and metal detectors
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm a Texan as well. Born in San Antonio. There's some controversy about whether or not there is such a thing as a "Naturalized" Texan.. like George Bush SR. who was born in Connecticut, but has always claimed he's a Texan. Lol. Anyway I'm a 60 year ole Texas treasure hunter myself.

From your post, It sounds like you're more into metal detecting and rock hounding, than gold prospecting.. which is fine, there are a whole lot of minerals out there that are more plentiful and worth a whole lot more than gold.

Under the keyword search "Utah Gold Panning" and the thread "Looking for help gold panning", I made several lengthy posts aimed at helping people new to the treasure hunting scene. Much of it revolves around gold prospecting and panning, but rock hounding and metal detecting are so closely related to gold prospecting, I'm sure you'll pick up some useful tips and advise if you give it a read.

In one post I describe where I discovered a Conquistador fort in Wild Horse Canyon on the Comanche Trail (called Snyder Highway nowadays), just about eight miles north of Big Spring, Texas a few years ago.

WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

OP
OP
S

stephie

Jan 20, 2017
kyle tx
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks mr engine!!!! :-) and hahahaha! Jeff,, don't I wish it worked that way!!!!! Stephen, I'm totally gonna check out your posts, and I think I could absolutely catch gold fever!! I'm hooked on the shows gold rush and bering sea gold, when theyre "on the gold" I'm on the edge of my seat!

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the party from Oklahoma. The fever will drive you crazy for your next fix. I am going to a vintage show of antiques and toys this weekend in Tulsa. Oh the fun you will have. Good Luck and Happy Hunting

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet from Nick in CT! :hello:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Virginia!:icon_thumright:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! GL & HH

stephen583

Jan 30, 2017
610 South 900 West Riverside Apts. #108
Detector(s) used
dowser (rods) and metal detectors
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wrote a post specifically about "Gold Fever" Stephie. Be forewarned there are a lot of unscrupulous people out there who recognize all the symptoms of "Gold Fever" and they're just waiting for the next victim to pull up. Even some seemingly legitimate businesses like tourist "Pay to Pan", or "Pan Out" operations are shaking trusting people down.

I visited one such operation in Colorado. $20 dollars to pan, no charge for kids under 12. A family of three had been there panning for awhile, and found nothing. The father announced they were leaving, and the owner walked up and knelt next to the wife and kid who were still busy at work. All of a sudden "Eureka" ! The kid found a little picker in his pan, just as the owner was showing him the ropes. Of course, I knew what was going on. The tiny speck of a picker had been dropped into the kid's pan.

I casually walked over and whispered to the Dad, "Don't spend another $20 dollars here".. "It's a rip off". "He just happened to be squatting over your kid when that tiny piece of gold appeared" ? "Kind of a coincidence, don't you think" ?

These kind of tourist scams are prevalent.. You should never pay to pan for gold, especially if the operator guarantees your success.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread