Hello from Houston, Tx

L. T.

Feb 19, 2017
The Woodlands, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone! So, I've been digging holes my whole life trying to find long forgotten treasures. I didn't always have a metal detector, and I actually don't have one now, but my dad does. I've been going back and forth to his farm in East Texas over the past few months learning how to use his minelab 505. Mostly, we find a lot of square nails, horse/mule shoes, old farming equipment, and pieces of cast iron pots and stoves. We haven't found any coins yet, but this past weekend we found something that I think is much cooler. I'll attach a picture for everyone. We found it in a home site that we dated from between 1875-1910. The mine lab picked it up as silver, but we are still trying to carefully clean it. Has anyone seen anything like it? We're afraid to try and open it, because the hinge is pretty flimsy.

Attachments

• IMG_2368.JPG
    IMG_2368.JPG
    258.6 KB · Views: 60

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

Retired Fire

Dec 29, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, 5"x8" coils for both. Whites PinPointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone! So, I've been digging holes my whole life trying to find long forgotten treasures. I didn't always have a metal detector, and I actually don't have one now, but my dad does. I've been going back and forth to his farm in East Texas over the past few months learning how to use his minelab 505. Mostly, we find a lot of square nails, horse/mule shoes, old farming equipment, and pieces of cast iron pots and stoves. We haven't found any coins yet, but this past weekend we found something that I think is much cooler. I'll attach a picture for everyone. We found it in a home site that we dated from between 1875-1910. The mine lab picked it up as silver, but we are still trying to carefully clean it. Has anyone seen anything like it? We're afraid to try and open it, because the hinge is pretty flimsy.

Yea, that is really cool. What is the size, is that your hand. Look like it is small. The purple glass or what ever that is is intriguing. Keep us posted on the condition and if you open it up.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool find! :occasion14:

Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting