NCHomesteader

Greenie
Feb 26, 2017
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, first post here but I'm not a stranger to hunting treasures. I've always had a deep passion for finding the things that time has seemed to have forgotten. As an only child growing up in a small community in the mountains, I became very familiar with following old road beds and stack walls in the woods. Luckily I was blessed with a good sense of direction and paid attention to the details of the landscapes and always made it back in time for dinner. On my ventures around several old farms and estates of both family and friends as a child, I can still remember where old creek rock and handmade brick chimney's stood that are now non-existent and the close by trash dumps I used to get bottles from. My grandmother made a career out of antiquing the latter part of her life and always had neat tin toys and animated coin banks. She always told me that there is treasure to be found, it just takes someone to find it...and it stuck. I became proud of my own heritage dating back to the colonial era in the region and started at that point to research local battles, maps, and history. I was 10 when I asked for a metal detector which turned to basically begging all summer for a metal detector. Christmas proved to be a wish come true with a lesson in patience seeded as well. The Bounty Hunter Fast Track II that Santa had left for me was propped up on the wall next to the tree and I couldn't believe it! I finally had a metal detector and I couldn't wait to use it. But being me and growing up with Legos, I read the pamphlets and the beginners guide that comes with all Bounty Hunter models. I tested it over various metals from the kitchen, coins and jewelry. I was almost overwhelmed with the various beeps and blips and settings but I managed to get it set the discrepancy on the higher side. That first day I found 43 cents, all clad but I didn't care under the clothes-line, a handful of nails, and a well used very rusted splitting wedge that my stepdad had lost 10 or so more years before. Was I s******g in high cotton? You know it! Over the years though, life happened and I took a left turn in Tulsa and left a piece of myself at the crossroads along with the metal detector. Fortunately, with some higher help to reprogram my navigation, I made my way back a couple years ago. I'm now 30 and while I'm not having a midlife crisis or regretting one step of the way, I am trying to find myself once again. So I'm back to digging down to my own roots so I can truly enjoy life and get satisfaction that my time isn't just wasted away chasing dead ends. The places that I fondly remember as a child are etched into my eyelids, so I will be keeping this updated with my finds and hopefully share a piece of history with the world! I look forward to making new friends and hopefully some hunting buddies as well. Thank you all for what you do, this forum is great!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! Good luck in your life adventures and metal detecting! :icon_thumright:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: North Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet from Nick in CT! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
NCHomesteader

NCHomesteader

Greenie
Feb 26, 2017
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the warm welcome! Thanks for the link vpnavy, good to know

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Virginia!:icon_thumright:

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest: