Tenderfoot
Jan 30, 2017
Marshallville, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all
Long time lurker, signed up awhile ago and figured I should say hello.
Been interested in MD since I was about 15 (now 50) but at that age I didn't have the funds to get started and then life started with the Navy, marriage, divorce,work and so on but as I am close to retirement I am now entertaining all my interest. After much research (6 months) I settled on an ACE 250 and bought it 3 years ago and then life happened again and in the closet it stayed but now life has changed in have played with it and now ready to go.
My first permission place belongs to a 75yo guy and he says it was his grandparents place (now abandoned) and working on tracking down my second to it hear under the siding is the original log cabin (also abandoned).
So far I have only found 2 pennies and one dime, these come from my front yard, can't really search the backyard as I am also an avid shooter and the back is polluted with bullets and empty cases after the past 23 years.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet from Nick in CT! :thumbsup:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Ohio for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome. Feel free to ask questions.

Driftwoood

Mar 31, 2016
Schoharie County, NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and welcome from upstate, NY! I used the Ace 250 for quite a while as my first machine (loved it!) and have since picked up an AT Pro. I used the Ace 250 for several weeks at an old church site in my area and found an amazing bunch of stuff... when I got the AT Pro, I figured I'd go back to that site and find all kinds of stuff that I had missed. Turns out that the Ace 250 had done a better job than I expected... I found hardly anything more in that area. Goes to show it is a pretty darn capable machine. I would only suggest you go slow, overlap your swings and of course go over the area from different directions. I look forward to seeing what you find!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum and the hobby from Massachusetts!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hi boilerdude from indy

OP
OP
B

Boilerman

Tenderfoot
Jan 30, 2017
Marshallville, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and welcome from upstate, NY! I used the Ace 250 for quite a while as my first machine (loved it!) and have since picked up an AT Pro. I used the Ace 250 for several weeks at an old church site in my area and found an amazing bunch of stuff... when I got the AT Pro, I figured I'd go back to that site and find all kinds of stuff that I had missed. Turns out that the Ace 250 had done a better job than I expected... I found hardly anything more in that area. Goes to show it is a pretty darn capable machine. I would only suggest you go slow, overlap your swings and of course go over the area from different directions. I look forward to seeing what you find!

Yes, my research was the same for the 250 and came down to for the money you couldn't beat it.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Virginia!:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions