Greenie
Feb 25, 2017
Central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharpshooter, Teknetics T2, G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,
I am a lifelong resident of the mid-state and have always resided within 5 miles of my original home place. I am 58 yrs. old, been married to the same women for forty of those, have 2 adult children and 3 grandkids. I am technologically challenged, don't have cell phone and don't see or hear as well as I once did. The hearing loss I attribute to that 40 years with the same women. I own two small acreage tracts, one on which I reside, the other I purchased last year and has a 100 year old farm house on it. I had known both the previous owners since childhood. I have had trouble with theft and trespassing on both parcels, not from relic hunters, but kids, crack-heads and deer hunters. Therefore, I cannot be as specific as I would like to be about my exact location. I will say, I am south of Macon on the opposite side of the Ocmulgee from Sherman's March. No battles around here.
I have always been interested in history, especially Southern History, and my ancestors on both my mother and fathers sides honorably fought in the War of Northern Aggression as well as WWII. I also know a good deal about the local history having known many of the landowners in our area.
Metal detecting is somewhat of an unknown around here, at least among people I know. My wife gave me my Sharpshooter as a gift several years ago. I played around with it some, but up till a few months ago all I had found was a 1945 silver quarter. I was thrilled. My son and his best friend from childhood,(from here on out I'll refer to them as Rooter2 and Rooter3 respectively), borrowed my Sharpshooter last fall to play around with. While they did not find anything significant, they were intrigued enough they decided to purchase units of their own. Rooter2 got a Teknetics T2 and Rooter3 a Garrett AC Pro. They received both their units just before Christmas and I am amazed at some of the things we have dug. I have figured out one thing, I need to upgrade to another detector. Me going out with my detector with these boys is like me going to a professional bass tournament with a cane pole. I usually just dig their targets for them, but still have a blast. The items I will be posting are an accumulation of artifacts dug by the three of us since December. 99% came off my property, the rest off Rooter2's. He lives about 400 yards down the road. Some of the items, we know what they are, some we do not and I look forward to input from those of you who my be interested. Researching these items is how I found this website. I,(really my daughter) will try to get these posted sometimes this weekend. If you look at my profile, you will see that I joined Feb. 25. I did not want to post until I had my "avatar" posted and she came by this afternoon and did it for me. Remember what I said about being technologically challenged? Please bear with me.
Enough about me, Have a great weekend.
By the way, my "avatar" was taken by Rooter2 in the same field where many of these artifacts were found.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Intro pineywoodrooter and Welcome to TNet from Nick in CT! :icon_thumleft:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Georgia for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little introduction. You have a family affair of metal detecting going on. Good luck with your future hunts and remember, , we love pictures.
Welcome to Tnet.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
PineyWoodRooter, Welcome to the forum from a fellow Georgian. I am from Covington, Georgia East of Atlanta, but not quite far enough east. I have been involved in Relic Hunting since the early 80's, artifacts from the War of Northern Aggression. I even fought the Yanks as much as I could. I served in the Confetrit' Infantry as a re enactor for about 10 years in the 30th Ga. Infantry Co. E Army of Tennessee. Like the song, I'm a Good Ole' Rebel says....."I fought em' all I could". Lol but the results are the same. It sounds as though you are off to a good start. As far as upgrading detectors, if you have a way to watch Utube that is what I would recommend. They have videos on just about any make and model made, and shows them being used in the field. This would maybe help to narrow down your search. I personally use a Whites All Pro, but there are many great units out there today. Best of Luck to you and again, Welcome to Treasurenet.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice story, thanks for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Quebec

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds like you are on the inside track, location, permission and company. All the best and best of luck hunting.

OP
OP
pineywoodrooter

pineywoodrooter

Greenie
Feb 25, 2017
Central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello devidog,
Good to hear from a fellow compatriot. Thought about getting into re enacting in my earlier years but work and other obligations superseded my desires. I was adjutant for the 1399 for a few years. I am sitting here trying to figure out how to import some of these images to my next post and where the proper place to post them would be. I went and bought a digital camera this afternoon. When I told my significant other what I was about to do, I received a scowl that would draw a blister on a brick. But did it anyway. I hope to figure this out and get some of this posted asap. Thanks for the welcome.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Virginia! Rooter, don't worry about the tech, you'll get through it and if you have problems, sounds like you've got some good help to get you headed in the right direction. Built in hunting grounds and buddies, good start! Bet you all have fun even if the finds are few and far between. Plenty of good people on this site and you'll find lots of resources to look up info on machines when you want to upgrade and even if you can get your daughter or son to help, get you to You Tube for some Detecting videos with different machines just for an idea. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
pineywoodrooter

pineywoodrooter

Greenie
Feb 25, 2017
Central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone,
First, I would like to thank everyone for the welcomes I have received. Second, I applaud the developers and moderators for creating this website in such a way that its rules and spirit insure a friendly, non-derogatory atmosphere. No belittlement or criticism of other members who are less knowledgeable than they. Thanks again everybody.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Quebec

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard and greetings from Dahlonega, GA, great intro. I'm a Yankee by birth and a Rebel by choice. My Brooklyn, NY accent gets me many a raised eyebrow here in the North Georgia mountains but once my neighbors realize that I'm not a Union straggler from the March to the Sea the accept me with open arms. You will have a blast with this hobby and the great people on these forums.

Semper Fi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread