hvacgraham

Mar 23, 2017
Emmaus, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings. I am new to this forum. So far, this is where Google sends me whenever I have a question about treasure hunting topics. I'm presently toying with the idea of building a small suction dredge. I've studied up on the differences between a power jet and a suction nozzle. I'm leaning towards the latter since I will just be working in small shallow Pennsylvania streams. I'll probably start with a home built PVC nozzle, and a homebuilt sluice box. I'm looking at a small HD/Lowes gas-powered water pump - something self-priming. But then again I watched a bunch of you-tube videos of guys pulling gold out of the ground like crazy with metal detectors. That stirred my curiosity and got my attention also. Bottom line, I'm 61 years old and have worked all my life and raised my family - never really developing much in the way of any hobbies (other than riding my motorcycle and fishing - both of which I still enjoy). Now I have time on my hands and want to get out and do something. I look forward to learning from the experiences other members on this forum have had.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

Good Luck on the suction dredge project! GL & HH

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard hvacgraham from another resident of the great state of PA! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to PA.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/