✅ SOLVED Need your assistance to identify this Solid Block of Iron

Vallence

Tenderfoot
Apr 26, 2017
Trinidad and Tobago
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi...I am Vallence Rambharat from the Caribbean Island of Trinidad and Tobago. I am happy to have found this website. Not long ago, I found this solid Iron block that had FISHER and 1913 plus the letter L stamped on it. I was told that a very old sawmill was once located there. I also found out that the area was close to where there was an old railway track. Trinidad and Tobago was a colony of England. I would like to know what this solid block of iron was used for as well as some information about the manufacturer. Thanks in advance. Solid Iron Block.jpg Solid Iron Block...Fisher.jpg Solid Iron Block..1913.jpg

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
L is the Roman Numeral for 50. Is the block 50lbs or 50kg? Besides that I can't help you my friend. Welcome to TreasureNet.

Upvote 0

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet. Since it was found near the railroad, I would say that is a scale weight. either for balance or calibration. Cool find, I like anything that,s old iron.

Upvote 0

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen iron blocks used as weights on tractors and field discs, but not sure if that was really their intended purpose or not.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions