Tiger Tank in Swamp

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the TNET forums! Well, if it won't locate a Tiger Tank in a swamp, then you need to throw it away! Even the cheapest metal detector would likely find it and even while dealing with the mineral feedback from the water, so if an Garrett AT Pro can't find it, it is either not there or the metal detector ist Kaputt because there is a lot of metal on a Tiger Tank that will put off one hell of a signal. I saw quite a few of them while I was stationed in Germany as the U.S. Army had several German Tank junk yards. Some were used for targets while I believe some were rented out to make movies about WWII.

Frank

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Massachusetts for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TreasureNet !!
A Tiger Tank weighs about 60 tons.
What is your plan should you find it? (Permits, salvage, etc.)?
Don...

True Don but battle loaded (main tank and machine gun ammo, fuel and misc. supplies), it will weigh in around 63 tons not accounting for any water and mud that seeped inside the turret and in the driver's and engine compartments! Even not battle loaded, it will take some serious equipment to remove it from the swamp.

Frank

Last edited:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How do you confirm the make of a tank in a swamp ?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would find it down 15'. Friend has a farm, there is a gas pipeline numerous feet underground that runs through the property. Every time we go over it the machines yell and scream. Not sure I like going over it. Think it's 8 feet down.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! :hello2:

Ground Control

Apr 19, 2017
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm new here from Woburn, MA. Anyone knows if a Garrett AT Pro would find a WWII Tiger Tank in swamp? I know the location but just wondering if it can locate it.
Thanks,

This is relevant to my interests. Where is this tank/swamp?

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How did a German World War 2 tank end up in a Massachusetts swamp is what I want to know.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Alleged tank does not necessarily have to be in MA.
Since OP apparently won't clarify or add any additional info [obviously would be quite a sensational find if true, only 7 in the world are known to exist], I am guessing he is going off old rumors passed down through generations.

edit: OP has another post on this, the alleged location of the alleged tank is in Hungary

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...wwii-german-tiger-tank-swamp.html#post5409499

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread