Heya from SW Ohio

Jiffyftw

May 24, 2017
SW, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of Ohioans on here I see! Anyhow...

I'm 31 years old, and have an 8 month old son. I've been into metal detecting for about 3 years now. My father tried to get me into it as a child, and I didn't pick up. But now, it's funny how it's turning out to be some of the most fun I have even when I find nothing. I love outdoors, camping, and more importantly, I love HISTORY! Everything from battles, to just every day life of the people of the past. I still consider myself pretty new at this, with a lot to learn. And I imagine, I'll always be learning something. I've always been an avid coin collector and pretty much anything to do with currency and always spend some time looking for hopeful treasures that I may come across in local yard sales, and flea markets. I love firearms, and I live in a pretty rural area where I can enjoy them. I'm not far off the Anthony Wayne trail in Butler County. So lots of history around me! Anyways, I look forward to meeting some new folks on here, and enjoy seeing what all of you uncover in your journeys. It's a blast to sit down, and have a beer and look through all the daily new finds. I use a White's Spectra VX3, and I probably could have settled for an easier detector to learn on, but I'm learning new things with every hunt. If you live in SW Ohio, hit me up! Or if you have any advice, as I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions in the future, hit me up! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's shared finds, and hearing from you all!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Ohio for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts! :occasion14:

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Arkansas. :occasion14:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet from Virginia! Sounds like you have done a little looking around and have a good unit to work with. Take your time to learn it and research what's around and you might just be showing us what you find. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I know your area well. I went to school in Oxford--when dirt was new.
Also great fossils in that area:trilobites, in the area of the Little Miami river.
If you have such an interest, take a look at the Miami U. Museum; I believe it's in Hamilton.
Don....

Z.Agee

Jun 18, 2017
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Ace 400 and AT Pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GoodTimes always to be had here on TNet. Great stories of great finds and all around good conversation. And very informative from all aspects of treasure hunting. Good Luck and Good Hunting from Dayton

mudwhale

Jun 12, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from CT!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread