Hi all, very new to this and found something a few weeks ago.

Neilkay-jones

Jun 2, 2017
Cheshire
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi to all on this forum.

This looks like such an amazing website and it maybe the place to really help me with my latest find and some things i have had passed down to me by relatives.

If anyone does have the time to help me in any of my posts that would be so much appreciated.

Image (1).jpg

A few weeks ago I had been digging up the garden to about a depth of 600mm, (not far i know) it is all clay and has many rocks spread within the clay. my spade hit something metal and small about 90mm x 30mm. I picked it out and cleaned it off to reveal this metal eagle with wings down and a ring on the top. It also has a screw thread in the bottom as if it goes in top of something like a cane or top of a flag but seems too small for that. Having done a small amount of research it could be something to do with a medal maybe. The back is not detailed but it is not smoothed off and it is heavy.

If anyone does have an idea I would love to hear your thoughts on what it may be.

Again thanks to anyone who replies and I will post some more photos soon in the relevant area.

Keep up the hunting and speak soon,

Neil

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find & welcome to the forum! Personally, not sure about what it was used for, but I'm sure someone will come along with helpful insight. Best of luck!

OP
OP
N

Neilkay-jones

Jun 2, 2017
Cheshire
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi vpnavy, thank you for the welcome and yes that does seem like a good place to post it. Going to post there now.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

OP
OP
N

Neilkay-jones

Jun 2, 2017
Cheshire
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey buddy,,
Looks Iike you may have found the top of a hanging bird cage.
Welcome to Tnet from NYC

That sounds awesome, I posted it in the Today's finds and some one has suggested…

'Nice find , Cast whole except for a hollow end .Handle off a fire place tool. The bird is a Rosella like the images made by John Gould. Became popular in many household items in the 1850,s after the release of the bird books first published in 1848'

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Before reading the description of your bird, I thought what a cool door knocker.

Welcome aboard, I look forward to seeing more of your finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread