New passionate metal detector

cameleon222

Jul 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New passionate metal detectorist

Greetings everybody, my name is Mike, 30 years, over the past few weeks, while doing an introspection of my life and overall priorities, activities, and things like that, i started having this inner voice telling me, go for the adventure like you perceive it, and don't hold back, live your life to the fullest and enjoy whatsoever interest you. I worked in the IT field for over 4 years and eventually went on to become a manager. Working 30 hours a week, paid 16 month a year, what more could one ask for, right? well 2 years ago, i quit my job, left my house, and went to mexico, just like that......settled there in the surroundings of Puerto Vallarta, got married 4 months ago and now i just feel I'm doing nothing out of my days. to make a quick story short, I'm tired of getting back into the system, and now trying to live off grid, as much as possible, solar panels, a well, couple of chickens, garden, u know......and i absolutely love it...one hobby i discovered a couple of years ago is diving, so far I'm a master scuba diver, and i also quickly felt home underwater with this amazing underworld and what it has to offer. I never metal detected before and am willing to do this full time, or at least as much as i can. i spent the last couple of weeks watching YouTube videos, reading posts on this very site, looked at all different kinds and types of detectors, and have a lot of stuffs to ask, specially if you can help me out with advices regarding my first metal detector I'm about to purchase. I'll be posting about it on another thread. Looking forward to get to know u guys, God bless.

Last edited:

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Mike! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Mexico for information directly related to your country.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet.
The Excalibur is the machine if you're going in the water. If you have access to resort beaches, the machine will pay for itself in gold and silver jewelry in a short period of time.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey yr, pretty much living my dream life.
I don't do water or Underwater but would love to , IMO you can get all the advice on T-net you need, other than yr common sense .

Gl on your adventures , & welcome to the site.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

OP
OP
cameleon222

cameleon222

Jul 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your kind words.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a terrific hobby and lifestyle Mike -- welcome to it and to TNet! You will find so much to learn from and be inspired by here and will find constant encouragement!

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet and Good Luck! I know there are others on here that scuba and detect. I know you were going to post again and you may want to look at anything to do with diving and water and see what responses you receive. This is a good group on here and will offer you their own best opinions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread